Gibson Brands Forums

SJ 200TV Strings..

Towzend

Strings.. (again) i just fancied a change from the usual d'dairios, and thought i'd try some

Elixir pb nanoweb 12-53s.. big mistake!! i dont know about you guys, but i find them horrid! on my j200 tv that is!

they sound very jangly matalic noise, ive had them on now for about 4 days hoping they would 'bed in', but i cant put

up with them any longer, i was looking for a string that would last a bit longer really.. any ideas??

Thanks guys.. but im not sure if i can obtain them in the UK? [confused]

I'm sure you can. It's just a matter of where, and at what price. I would think you could order them from the US as well, as they are compact enough to be shipped by mail or parcel service.

edit: Just checked. Juststrings.com (where I buy most of my strings) ships international express mail, but the shipping cost for any size order is $40 US, so you (or you and your friends) would need to order a fair number of sets of strings to make it pay off.

I'm happy with my Elixir on my Doves in Flight but I'll never know which would sound better if I didn't try.

So after reading this topic I went to ebay and found a seller and placed an order.

$8.49 for a set +shipping to Sweden was on an additional $2.50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DR-RCA-12-Sunbeam-Acoustic-Guitar-Strings-Medium-12-54-gauge-/270848699576?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3f0fd72cb8

Preferences§1234567890-=BackspaceTabqwertyuiop[]Returncapslockasdfghjkl;'\shift`zxcvbnm,./shiftEnglishDeutschEspañolFrançaisItalianoPortuguêsРусскийalt altPreferences

Being a lover of DR acoustic strings mentioned, I can highly recommend them. Thats what is on my J-200 std right now. If you want something coated for durability try the DR Dragonskins. That is the only coated string I've found that I think doesn't sound or feel like a coated string.

Just my .02

Happy Picking

Strings.. (again) i just fancied a change from the usual d'dairios, and thought i'd try some

Elixir pb nanoweb 12-53s.. big mistake!! i dont know about you guys, but i find them horrid! on my j200 tv that is!

they sound very jangly matalic noise, ive had them on now for about 4 days hoping they would 'bed in', but i cant put

up with them any longer, i was looking for a string that would last a bit longer really.. any ideas??

I used to use D'Addarrio EXP's for long life..

When I tried them(EXP) on the Lowden which came with Elixer the strings,it felt so much stiffer & ruined the sound of that thing..so I started using Elixer on all.

The Elixers drive the guitar better..you feel the vibrations through the back.

Id like to try the Pearse Nickel on my J200 as suggested..also the DR..

Archived