Gibson Brands Forums

For lovers of Real Gourmet Coffee

bonzoboy

I was just browsing ebay when the daily bargains came up on the screen,among them was one of the best bargains that I've seen in ages.Gold Star Coffee Co. was selling 4 lb. lots of whole bean Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee for only little more that $15 a lb. This is an incredibly low price considering that around here we consider $30 lb. a real bargain siince it's usually $50 or more..They only have limited quanities so if you love Jamaican Blue you'd better hurry.Sorry I can't post a link as I'm a computer Luddite.

They also have Weasel Coffee

http://weaselcoffee.com/?page_id=2

Kopi Luwak or Civet coffee is coffee made from coffee berries which have been eaten by and passed through the digestive tract of the Asian Palm Civet (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus). The civets eat the berries, but the beans inside pass through their system undigested. This process takes place on the islands of Sumatra, Java and Sulawesi in the Indonesian Archipelago, in the Philippines (where the product is called Kape Alamid) and in East Timor (locally called kafé-laku). Vietnam has a similar type of coffee, called weasel coffee, which is made from coffee berries which have been defecated by local weasels. In actuality the “weasel” is just the local version of the Asian Palm Civet.

Archived