Gibson Brands Forums

Beautiful Birdie

Tman

We have the same taste in guitars and photo shots. I have a 2008 flame-top natural 335, and your photos look identical to some of mine from my last trip to the Santa Monica Pier. I've never been into Truetone, though. I think that place is the physical embodiment of temptation. But its on my list of the first five places to visit after I win the lottery.

I definitely drained my savings! In order to not do serious damage to my marriage I had to make a deal with my wife: No new guitars for 5 years or if I win a grammy, whichever comes first. <_<

I recorded a video of a favorite song intro to show the versatility of the guitar as well as show off a bass I built about 4 years ago.

I wanted to show that a 335 can scream as well as be a mellow player. This song shows both sides of the guitar with multiple personality disorder. [biggrin]

The 335 through a vox AC-30 computer model with overdrive and the rhythm is through a Fender Twin Reverb amp model fairly clean. Bass is direct injection (just learned that term).

Damn nice 335 Brian. I am ecstatic with this one.

Sigh! I miss Santa Monica. Looking at that picture brings tears to my eyes.

The birdseye maple top ES-335 isn't bad too [biggrin] You got a blonde beauty. Play her in good health.

Incidentally, I asked Gibson Custom Shop if they would make an ES-175 with blonde birdseye maple. The quote made me all starry-eyed.

Here's hoping that Gibson would make a production run of ES-175 like your ES-335 and send one to my favorite dealer.

Sigh! I miss Santa Monica. Looking at that picture brings tears to my eyes.

The birdseye maple top ES-335 isn't bad too [biggrin] You got a blonde beauty. Play her in good health.

Incidentally, I asked Gibson Custom Shop if they would make an ES-175 with blonde birdseye maple. The quote made me all starry-eyed.

Here's hoping that Gibson would make a production run of ES-175 like your ES-335 and send one to my favorite dealer.

Thanks JW, I like figured wood and was glad they made it even though it was limited quantity. A 175 would be outstanding! Here's to you getting one!

I definitely drained my savings! In order to not do serious damage to my marriage I had to make a deal with my wife: No new guitars for 5 years or if I win a grammy, whichever comes first. <_<

I recorded a video of a favorite song intro to show the versatility of the guitar as well as show off a bass I built about 4 years ago.

I wanted to show that a 335 can scream as well as be a mellow player. This song shows both sides of the guitar with multiple personality disorder. [biggrin]

The 335 through a vox AC-30 computer model with overdrive and the rhythm is through a Fender Twin Reverb amp model fairly clean. Bass is direct injection (just learned that term).

Damn nice 335 Brian. I am ecstatic with this one.

Nice BB King stylin' there! I'm gonna steal something from you if it's o.k. :unsure:

Nice BB King stylin' there! I'm gonna steal something from you if it's o.k. :unsure:

Anytime! I'm sure you'll want to leave the grey hair [biggrin], the licks are up for grabs - off timing, over pulls, and all! [crying]

• 4 weeks later...

Archived