Gibson Brands Forums

NGD- "Tele-Phone"

JasonG

I Love my Epiphones, but enjoying rockabilly, I also love the "Tele twang" of Luther Perkins and every Johnny Cash song. So, I went on the hunt, and found an Epiphone T-310 circa 1989 for $90! This is one wild guitar. Part Tele, part Epiphone, I call it my TelePhone. This is in pretty damn good shape. So far I leveled and dressed the frets, set up the action nice and low and it plays like butter. On the slate for it is a Tusq nut, some GFS Neovin noise free pickups and a new control cavity with new switch, pots and jack.

telephonec.jpg

Thanks! I love the maple neck, and the yellowish tint looks really nice against the black body. Reminds me of David Gilmour's black strat. The body is in great shape with the normal wear that you would expect on a guitar nearly 24 years old, so it has the cool relic look. The neck pocket was a concern of mine too, but this one was in great condition. It was the first thing I checked before I did the fret work. This is really a fun guitar!

Real nice Jason.

Love the maple neck. In my opinion, all teles should have a maple neck.

I have been on the lookout for one for about that price that does not have problems with the neck socket.

Enjoy her.

That's crazy! I never would have guessed that Epi made a Tele version. I never thought I wanted a Telecaster but finally bit on a used Squier for just under $100 and I love it. I even bought another one that popped up for $65. Absolutely great. Both stay in tune and those maple necks are already showing a bit of wear just the way you'd like to see. Good hunting to you.

Archived