Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

RRIDER

I picked up my first Epiphone a couple of weeks ago. It is a Nighthawk Custom Reissue.

There seems to be a lot of controversy about the fingerboards on these...The descriptions say they are rosewood.

Mine most definitely has an Ebony fingerboard. I've been in contact with Gibson cust service for other reasons, and asked about this as well. He did some research and told me that most 2011's came with ebony, late 2011-2012 they changed to rosewood. Mine was built 09/2011.

photobucket-107869-1359938431693.jpg

This pic is one I sent to Gibson. On the left is my Les Paul with rosewood FB.

Nighthawk004.jpg

Thanks everybody!

Like I stated it is my first Epi. So far I have been pretty impressed with it. It seems to be well built. Decent tones, although the pickups aren't the hottest. I do like the fact that it does have the mini, single, and humbucker with coil tap. The strings it came with aren't great, but thats an easy and a cheap fix. All in all, I would buy it again..especially for the price I got it for! The street price of these is $399.00. This one has a small spot at the neck/body joint that the stain is discolored (maybe glue oozed out) smaller than a pencil eraser. They knocked over $110.00 off for that. I couldn't pass it up!

I always put my Gibsons and G&L back it their cases after playing. I wanted something less expensive to leave out on a stand.. This Nighthawk is perfect for that.

Our other guitar player, in the band I'm in, has the Epi Nighthawk Custom.

It's his go to guitar, now. (He also has a Vintage '68 Les Paul Custom.)

Uses a Vox AC-30, and the Nighthawk sounds awesome! Much lighter,

in weight, than the LPC, too. [biggrin]

Congratulations, on a great little guitar! [thumbup]

CB

Archived