Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Coronet Stolen in Central London 05 Mar 13

pippy

Guest Farnsbarns

If they catch him he'll likely get a few hours community service at worste. More likely he'll get a drug treatment programe and a holiday. I only hope they find the guitar and she gets it back.

O.K. I'll keep an eye out.

Cheers! I'm not sure the thief would ship it out to Tennessee but thanks anyway!..................[thumbup]

Geez you guys are grumpy!

[lol]

You mean just as a general rule-of-thumb?

[lol]

P.

Glad she got it back, that hurts when their stolen especially the old ones you can't replace easily.

Indeed,,, victim here.

69 LP custom. Black Beauty.

I hope the thief got his scrote caught on a chain link fence....

Maybe he returned it when he realized that it was an Olympic instead of a Coronet...:-k

Well Spotted!

eusa_clap.gif

EDIT : RTH, going on from there, was the Epi smashed by Prince actually a Wilshire and not a Crestwood as it says in the original article?

:-k

P.

Well Spotted!

eusa_clap.gif

EDIT : RTH, going on from there, was the Epi smashed by Prince actually a Wilshire and not a Crestwood as it says in the original article?

:-k

P.

Yeah, it was a Crestwood. A Wilshire from that time period would have P90s, dot fingerboard inlays and no inlay on the headstock. These guitars can be a little confusing to discern.

Yeah, it was a Crestwood. A Wilshire from that time period would have P90s, dot fingerboard inlays and no inlay on the headstock. These guitars can be a little confusing to discern.

I thought Crestwoods had p'g mounted controls?

I don't know much about Epi's, I'm afraid.

I'll have do do more homework!

P.

I thought Crestwoods had p'g mounted controls?

I don't know much about Epi's, I'm afraid.

I'll have do do more homework!

P.

From 1963 and on they had PG mounted controls on an extended pickguard that wrapped around the bottom of the body. The Wilshire, Crestwood, Olympic and Coronet were all basically the same guitar design with different hardware, They even changed the body designs at the same time after Gibson bought Epiphone and eventually ran out of leftover parts.

From 1963 and on they had PG mounted controls on an extended pickguard that wrapped around the bottom of the body. The Wilshire, Crestwood, Olympic and Coronet were all basically the same guitar design with different hardware, They even changed the body designs at the same time after Gibson bought Epiphone and eventually ran out of leftover parts.

The bolded text is wrong. These guitars were 100% Gibson designed. I was thinking of something else. There were no pre-Gibson Wilshire, Coronet, Crestwood and Olympic. My Bad.

Archived