Gibson Brands Forums

Mesa boogie triple rectifier vs Carvin V3M Amplifier

CoreyT

I like the equipment from both companies, and I like the sound of both amps, though if I was doing the demo I might have displayed more lead tones in the overdriven areas, maybe even demoed single coils. Not having compared prices, I'm betting the Carvin is the better value.

Both sounded great with his clean settings but I didn't like the channel 2 or 3 settings he used. I've heard both amps and they're both capable of much better sounds than he demonstrated there.

For less than the price of the Carvin, I have a pristine Mesa Express 5:50 head on layaway at a local GC. Great tones and channel/feature layout for my use which will be in the 5W setting 80% of the time.

Can't wait to get this bad boy home [thumbup]

My Blue Angel gigged 50 weeks a year for several years and was bulletproof and sounded great. I almost sold it, but wiggled out and kept it. Having said that, most other Mesa amps just have too much crap going on. I'm also a huge Carvin fan, and would probably buy their Vintage stuff if I was gigging electric again and needed a new rig.

The Mesa stuff is a helluva lot higher priced.

Best of luck.

100_1621.jpg

Doesn't seem to be much of a demo/compare, i would have done both cleans then both distortions. With the many settings of both amps it tuff to compare sounds. Wouldn't the bigger V3 be the one to compare to the mesa.

Yes, and agree 110%, since it's not fashonable or acceptable to just agree 100% these days [tongue]

Archived