Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD 03 Elite Les Paul

Kong

Picked up this beauty today. A 2003 Epi Elite Plus Top - Honeyburst MIJ. What a nice axe this is, maybe the best guitar I've ever owned. Gibson US pickups, upgraded hardware, vintage style bridge. Fit / finish are stunning. Plays great, super sustain and action. I've been gassing for a honeyburst for quite some time and I'm glad I held out for this Elite! Now I'm thinking about and Elite/Elitist SG.

Here are some pics...

IMAG0051_zps2bc9cebd.jpg

IMAG0074_zpsd2a6d56e.jpg

IMAG0061_zps0884b556.jpg

IMAG0056_zps1434d8f0.jpg

Picked up this beauty today. A 2003 Epi Elite Plus Top - Honeyburst MIJ. What a nice axe this is, maybe the best guitar I've ever owned. Gibson US pickups, upgraded hardware, vintage style bridge. Fit / finish are stunning. Plays great, super sustain and action. I've been gassing for a honeyburst for quite some time and I'm glad I held out for this Elite! Now I'm thinking about and Elite/Elitist SG.

HNGD!! It's nice - I love honeyburst and tea finishes

I believe those are supposed to be similar to Gibson's 490/498 combo.

Beautiful guitar - congrats!

Great guitar!

The 60ST/50SR set both have (bright) A5 magnets. The bright and thin 498T has A5's, but the 490R has (warm) A2's which gives it the opposite tone of a 498T, a fact which frustrates some players. Other than the neck magnet, I think the two sets of PU's are pretty similar.

Love the look of an Elite/Elitist in honeyburst. You should definitely consider the Elitist SG.

Ahh the voices are back. Believe me I'm more than considering it. I'm still in the doghouse from the Elite Les Paul on Tuesday. But if my '57 Junior sells anytime soon, I will be coming better acquinted with the SG. I'm drooling over the cherry one and it is pretty close to my home. I agreed to a cap of 10 guitars and the Elite made 11. Now I'm trying to sell my way back to 10. Of course it doesn't help having people follow me from forum to forum saying , "do it, buy it, you know you want it!" [scared][love] LOL [lol]

Archived