Gibson Brands Forums

ray wylie hubbard video

blindboygrunt

Thanks for the tip BBG, had a quick look and like what I hear, will take a listen to it later.

I could have sworn this guy was in the audience at a punk gig I went to last night with all the other old punks, junkies and a merry bunch of charlatans.

Is that a natural SJ ??? Never knew they existed.

dont know what it is , the appointments woul suggest that to me also , but you know what gibsons like , could be anything in its title . he says between songs that it borrowed for the gig but he plays gibsons himself , theres even a J45 mentioned in the lyrics of one of the songs .

he gets a nice noise out of it , good advert for the three chord song he is , some even only one :)

i found him very engaging and witty, makes otherwise simple songs more poignant by sharing his personality .

one of those guys that i'm not sure if i'd buy his albums but i'd go see him live

Thanks for the tip BBG, had a quick look and like what I hear, will take a listen to it later.

I could have sworn this guy was in the audience at a punk gig I went to last night with all the other old punks, junkies and a merry bunch of charlatans.

Is that a natural SJ ??? Never knew they existed.

Nice video! I believe the guitar he is playing is the Dwight Yoakum Honky Tonk Deuce in natural finish...

http://www2.gibson.c...e/Features.aspx

Yep....good stuff from an era of Good Ol' Outlaw Music. I was lucky enough to have traversed from the East Coast to OKC, Oklahoma in '74 when all of this music was breaking on to the radio and local clubs! It was a special time indeed, and formative in my life-long guitar-learning experience. Hell, at 21, everything is "formative".... :lol:

Archived