Gibson Brands Forums

Midtown Kalamazoo

RRIDER

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody getting that guitar for that price it was a mistake .

Perhaps I should have just kept my mouth shut. I have 3 separate orders on AMS ... 2 are marked as shipped already with tracking info. One is coming Wednesday, another Thursday and not sure when the other is coming yet.

I blocked out my order number, tracking etc. on the image below.

I guess I lucked out.

EDIT: After taking that screen and not finding my 3rd order on AMS, I forgot that one of the three I ordered was from eBay, so 2 from AMS and 1 from eBay. Oops, fuzzy brain from too much GAS. [mellow]

post-60454-055060000 1384205617_thumb.jpg

Perhaps I should have just kept my mouth shut. I have 3 separate orders on AMS ... 2 are marked as shipped already with tracking info. One is coming Wednesday, another Thursday and not sure when the other is coming yet.

I blocked out my order number, tracking etc. on the image below.

I guess I lucked out.

EDIT: After taking that screen and not finding my 3rd order on AMS, I forgot that one of the three I ordered was from eBay, so 2 from AMS and 1 from eBay. Oops, fuzzy brain from too much GAS. [mellow]

AMS Told me this is pure not true .

I ordered mine on 10/29/2013 and it was shipped today 11/11/2013 i paid 1499.00 so what you are saying that they rushed you out 3 guitars at 1000 a piece and sent your them before they can make 1500.00 on one . they told me its not true but people did try to get it for that price

Yes, I am saying that. I'm not sure how their ordering queue works, but I should have one of them on Wednesday and the other on Thursday. I edited my above post ... forgot that one of them is actually coming from eBay, and 2 are coming from AMS. Perhaps I was the first to get the deal and they put the kaibosh on it after they went through.

No, I didn't post on Amazon. I got them from AMS and you can see that the review on Amazon is an Amazon-verified purchase. I don't know how that guy got one already. I haven't received or even seen a live MK as of yet. Wednesday is the day though (according to FedEx). I will post pics and maybe a vid once I can dig into it.

It will be nice to see your 3 guitars together

I agree. They should all be here by the weekend.

Just got my tracking id mine will be here on the 13TH. ether you or AMS are are not being honest. Its funny i have bought 12 guitars from AMS in the last year . Some thing that they wouldn't be honest about it Why didn't you get one from amazon.Are you going to get even a better deal they promise 2 day deliver You had your sent out on the 8th and it takes 5 days to get to you i am not that far from you and it takes only 2 days for me to get it.I will believe it when i see it . brother . You know i like this site and most of the people on here and they are pretty up front you can't even tell what sex you are. different

It looks like a few lucked out and got the lower price Amazon had posted...They have raised the price to $1499.99.

Yes I just noticed that. Now I feel like a **** for having emailed Steve at Wildwood because by the time they see the link I sent them it will reflect the same price I'm already paying for the guitar and they will think I'm smoking crack or something. Here's the link for Amazon with the updated and $1499.99 price:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F6WGJLG/ref=dra_a_cs_ss_hn_it_P1300_1000?tag=dradisplay-20

I'm going to have to send Steve another email now and explain that Amazon raised their price & apologize for bothering them. Jesus Christ. [cursing]

F#@!@G internet.. [cursing]

Either that or some Amazon guy putting prices on their website just got fired earlier today [-X

Just got my tracking id mine will be here on the 13TH. ether you or AMS are are not being honest. Its funny i have bought 12 guitars from AMS in the last year . Some thing that they wouldn't be honest about it Why didn't you get one from amazon.Are you going to get even a better deal they promise 2 day deliver You had your sent out on the 8th and it takes 5 days to get to you i am not that far from you and it takes only 2 days for me to get it.I will believe it when i see it . brother . You know i like this site and most of the people on here and they are pretty up front you can't even tell what sex you are. different

It's 3-4 business day shipping to MN, so it shipped the night of the 8th and since the weekend does not include business days, means the first order will be here Wednesday.

I really didn't mean to get anyone wound up, was just trying to inform people of that deal. I can assure you that I've been honest and I also have ordered several guitars from AMS this year. They have been a great company to order from. We are all rational, intelligent adults here and the truth will bear itself out.

Sounds like we will both be enjoying the Kalamzoo by mid-week [smile]

By the way, I'm a guy.

It's 3-4 business day shipping to MN, so it shipped the night of the 8th and since the weekend does not include business days, means the first order will be here Wednesday.

I really didn't mean to get anyone wound up, was just trying to inform people of that deal. I can assure you that I've been honest and I also have ordered several guitars from AMS this year. They have been a great company to order from. We are all rational, intelligent adults here and the truth will bear itself out.

Sounds like we will both be enjoying the Kalamzoo by mid-week [smile]

By the way, I'm a guy.

Yes its kind of funny every thing happened on the 8th for you. It will be nice to see your three guitars all together what a show stopper.

I tried price matching the MK at AMS with the amazon.com price of $1,082.85. AMS emailed me a price which was not a match but an offer to get the guitar for $1349. Not sure why they didn´t price match. I assume it is due to their policy that the product must be in stock. Amazon still showed $1,082.85 but was out of stock. Also, I am pretty sure the amazon.com listed price was a mistake.

AMS Policy: "AMS cannot match a price from a dealer who does not have the product in stock, available, and ready to ship to you. You may submit a Price Match - Guarantee form once the retailer has the product in stock and we'll do our best to match it."

Anyway I am not buying the MK because I have a Midtown. Had I gotten it for $1082 I probably would have pounced on it. Whoever receives the MK first please hook us up with pictures and a tone report. Cheers.

Mine is coming today! Got the tracking number and checked and it said today, it's only coming from a few 100 miles north of me, so I'm not too surprised -- pleased -- but not too surprised. [thumbup]

Have any of you ever seen so much anticipation expressed online for a new style guitar roll out? I haven't. There aren't any videos, no sound bites, just a description and some photos and only the one first hand account of how it plays, which just was posted on Amazon. Yet there are people, myself included, posting countdowns for their expected delivery.

Mine is coming today! Got the tracking number and checked and it said today, it's only coming from a few 100 miles north of me, so I'm not too surprised -- pleased -- but not too surprised. [thumbup]

Have any of you ever seen so much anticipation expressed online for a new style guitar roll out? I haven't. There aren't any videos, no sound bites, just a description and some photos and only the one first hand account of how it plays, which just was posted on Amazon. Yet there are people, myself included, posting countdowns for their expected delivery.

I cant wait to see your guitar . i know we have waited . Mine will be here the 13th cant wait.

This has to be one of the most anticipated guitars ever on this forum.

The 1st thread about it got quite a lot of people extremely excited, even more so when it turned out it appears to be a somewhat limited edition....orders were made online.....now this thread ....and someone's bought three!

The GAS is very fierce indeed!

Can anybody say what is is exactly about this guitar that has got everyone jumping up and down after (at first) just seeing a picture of it?

I have 4 semis, 3 of which are fairly thinline. This guitar is ultra-thinline. Looks good but nothing extraordinary.

Nice but (sorry) I just don't quite get it!

This has to be one of the most anticipated guitars ever on this forum.

The 1st thread about it got quite a lot of people extremely excited, even more so when it turned out it appears to be a somewhat limited edition....orders were made online.....now this thread ....and someone's bought three!

The GAS is very fierce indeed!

Can anybody say what is is exactly about this guitar that has got everyone jumping up and down after (at first) just seeing a picture of it?

I have 4 semis, 3 of which are fairly thinline. This guitar is ultra-thinline. Looks good but nothing extraordinary.

Nice but (sorry) I just don't quite get it!

For me, I just really liked the look of it and have been looking for a hollow-body for awhile. I had some Gretsch's that sounded ok, but didn't quite have the tone I was after and was hoping this would work. I know it's not a Super 400 or an L-5, but for the price, it wasn't too much of a risk. I only bought 3 because I got ridiculous deals on them, and if it doesn't really fit the bill, I can resell or send back to AMS.

everybody likes a good deal, but bragging about making a profit from someone's mistake and further the casual attitude of just sell em off at a profit, comes off rather.. meh forget it.

hey whatever, enjoy playing your three guitars

everybody likes a good deal, but bragging about making a profit from someone's mistake and further the casual attitude of just sell em off at a profit, comes off rather.. meh forget it.

hey whatever, enjoy playing your three guitars

It seems lame, yeah I understand. I just got too excited and this probably isn't the appropriate forum to talk about the business side of instruments like that. Sorry.

It seems lame, yeah I understand. I just got too excited and this probably isn't the appropriate forum to talk about the business side of instruments like that. Sorry.

I cant wait to see all three of them together.It will be great

Got my first one today. It sounds fantastic and I am really enjoying the shorter-scale neck. Here's a few pics. It seems like Gibson may have rushed these a little bit as the fit/finish is just a little off in a few spots, but overall I think it's worth getting. The neck pickup sounds great ... really fat and warm.

IMG_1684_zpsda0a03c3.jpg

IMG_1688_zps8a93e287.jpg

IMG_1691_zpscf0b814b.jpg

IMG_1692_zpsc217db47.jpg

IMG_1693_zps8cdada73.jpg

Archived