Gibson Brands Forums

My new SG Standard is approuved

ALFA ROMEO CORSE

Hi everybody,

I want to inroduce my new Gibson SG number 2 [smile] This is a 2012 model Cream or Ivory I don' t know the name of this color, if somebody knows I' m interested. The gold hardware come from a Special 3 knobs and I bought pup' s covers an a TP-6 stopbar not for fine tuning but only for the look of this stopbar; The pickguard is an aftermarket part.

The fretboard i s Ebony , it gives a good feeling. Here are some pictures

• 1 month later...

I have the Faber ABR '59 bridge, very nice and well made part. I turned the D saddle like on an ABR-1

The 1983 Nashville bridge doesn' t fit the SG, strings must be in the center of the saddles. With the ABR '59 this problem will disappear, that' s very cool ymkf.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

I want to inroduce my new Gibson SG number 2 [smile] This is a 2012 model Cream or Ivory I don' t know the name of this color, if somebody knows I' m interested. The gold hardware come from a Special 3 knobs and I bought pup' s covers an a TP-6 stopbar not for fine tuning but only for the look of this stopbar; The pickguard is an aftermarket part.

The fretboard i s Ebony , it gives a good feeling. Here are some pictures

zwge.jpg

gibson61.jpg

gibson63.jpg

gibson62.jpg

gibson64.jpg

Very nice pair of SGs, AR Corse! [thumbup]

As for the TP-6, I mounted them wherever applicable. So I ended up with eight of these, all of them chrome-plated in my case, and I did it for their great usefulness. Anyway, I love the look, too... [biggrin]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived