Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE

GarryKirsch

This is one amazing guitar - superb sound and playability! Looooove it!

Haha, you can sure tell that from your grin. And I'm not at all surprised. All of my Masterbilts are just superb and sound big and full. Major congrats!

You stuck thr 'Plek" sticker on the same place I stuck mine msp_thumbup.gif

Great guitar...your smile in that picture really says it all. So, what tunes have you been strumming on it ?msp_smile.gif

It's hard not to smile when you're playing this guitar. :)

I've been strumming: Falling Slowly; Take it Easy; Jingle Bell Rock; House of the Rising Sun; and a lot of the old-school 12-bar blues... so far...

I left the "Plek" sticker on because this is the most 'playable' guitar I have ever picked up - and maybe that's (at least in part) because it was Plek'd.

It's hard not to smile when you're playing this guitar. :)

I've been strumming: Falling Slowly; Take it Easy; Jingle Bell Rock; House of the Rising Sun; and a lot of the old-school 12-bar blues... so far...

I left the "Plek" sticker on because this is the most 'playable' guitar I have ever picked up - and maybe that's (at least in part) because it was Plek'd.

smile.gif

All kidding aside, except for a slight difference in feel from the matte finish, I think the Masterbuilt lines likely would have disappeared more rapidly if folks would close their eyes, play and listen - then hear the specs, the price tags - and that they're Epis rather than some "more prestigious" marque.

I think perhaps they'd have sold more guitars much faster.

It's a really nice set of guitars.

m

Looking through the latest issue of "Acoustic Guitar Player Quarterly" (published by Guitarist), They identify 77 essential guitars to consider in their byers guide. The DR-500 MCE, of course, was included. The list represents guitars from very affordable to very expensive.

Looking through the latest issue of "Acoustic Guitar Player Quarterly" (published by Guitarist), They identify 77 essential guitars to consider in their byers guide. The DR-500 MCE, of course, was included. The list represents guitars from very affordable to very expensive.

That is very cool! [thumbup]

To be honest, I didn't do any research prior to buying my DR-500MCE. I wasn't even looking for another guitar. The guy at the music store just put it in my hands and I instantly fell in love with it.

Archived