Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson acoustics in Manhattan

audiophil

Hello!

I'm from Montreal, Canada, going to NYC (Manhattan) for a few days in August, I would like to have some suggestions for the best places to shop for a Gibson acoustic. I'm looking for a J-45 style acoustic, ideally new but willing to look for used as well if there are some fine used stores that you could recommand.

Sorry in advance if this was already asked before, but I couldn't find a topic with this subject.

Thanks!

Phil

Nice recommendation, duluthdan.

Matt Umanov's guitar shop on Bleeker Street (near Greenwich Village) is a really great store.

Nice people, and super guitars.

And just down the street is a GREAT restaurant/bar.

The Blind Tiger Ale House.

Fantastic atmosphere, terrific beers, and wonderful food.

http://www.blindtigeralehouse.com

Any chance we could add this to FAQ? I think it'd be a great auto-resource if we had a list of recommended dealers -- from posters -- for many different areas in the country and the world. It's something we all want to know when we're hitting a new area.

Matt Umamov will have a good selection of vintage Gibsons. However 'best price' is not something I associate with Umanov Guitars. They normally charge a premium, probably to cover the premium rent for the SoHo location.

I would first try Rudys SoHo.

Hey thanks for all your recomandations, I'm taking note of all these places and sure will have a look in my sort trip.

Sparquelito, thanks for the restaurant info I'll sure take this in consideration too.

Can't wait to be there!!!

All the best,

Phil

Archived