Gibson Brands Forums

God Save Brittania

rct

and all of the tiny people on that tiny island.

USPS just dropped off, on a Sunday no less:

5712623_sa.jpg

See, we got it like third hand on Ovation, like somebody booted it with their Handicam in front of the plasma it was awful, and Comcast being the number one sh1t cable company in the known universe, not only was it HD downconverted to garbage, they stopped putting it on two from the end. Jeezus krist they have one thing to do and they can't even do it. So looking eagerly forward to glorious high def on the big screen, one of the most beautiful tele-plays ever.

Also in that delightful package:

5710422_sa.jpg

It was a not very good end to a great short series, but we still had to have it.

Bloimee and all that rot cheerio good chap.

rct

Nothing like some well-costumed Euro drama filled with intrigue, subterfuge, and sex, eh?

That guy was in The Vikings too. I recognize him but haven't seen Versailles.

There you go! Didn't know he was in The Vikings, never watched that one.

Costumes, makeup, and sets alone for Versailles, for one episode, exceed the average American Television Show budget for an entire season. It really is a thing of beauty. And they kept it interesting all the way through.

rct

If you have never seen it and come across it some time.. You should watch I Claudius.... Compared to what they make today it has no production values at all BUT some of the finest acting from some of our finest actors ever recorded.

If you have never seen it and come across it some time.. You should watch I Claudius.... Compared to what they make today it has no production values at all BUT some of the finest acting from some of our finest actors ever recorded.

I'm with Rabs on this one - saw it when it first came out in the '70s and it blew me away!

Archived