Gibson Brands Forums

More Beatles stuff,

jaxson50

i know, I know....it's like I'm obsessed, sorry folks, but I stumbled across some YouTube videos I'm wondering if they are real or are they fake?

first up, "When the remaining Beatles got back together to make the Anthology project following the death of John Lennon, they decided to take some of Lennon's demos to create new "Beatles" songs. Yoko Ono gave the three of them a tape that John had scribbled the words "For Paul" on. Two of these songs were turned into Beatles songs, Free As A Bird and Real Love. Now and Then was worked on briefly before being stopped, and Grow Old With Me was never worked on. These are the demos given to the remaining Beatles:"

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LlDTJsp_2_o

Second question, is this a real or is this fake, could this be a good imitation of the Fab Four or is it authentic!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f-A9YXBWrog

1491325582[/url]' post='1847072']

Nice to hear the tape one. I remember Free As A Bird. I thought it was a great song. I hadnt heard the whole original before though.

Not sure that there is a first question? [confused]

But the 2nd one: I'd say fake.

I'm a little suspicious of the second one, there are some very good cover artist out there, but if it is a fake it's a darn good one!

If it sounds good and you like it, who cares if it's "fake" or not? In other words, if you suddenly found out it was definitely real, would it suddenly sound better to you? If you found out for certain it was fake, would it suddenly sound worse? If so you aren't listening with your just your ears are you?

1491356660[/url]' post='1847166']

If it sounds good and you like it, who cares if it's "fake" or not? In other words, if you suddenly found out it was definitely real, would it suddenly sound better to you? If you found out for certain it was fake, would it suddenly sound worse? If so you aren't listening with your just your ears are you?

Very good points

The 4 songs were real Lennon demos although anyone who's into Lennon and a collector of bootlegs had heard the songs before. The first two were finished for the Anthology CDs. Now and Then has been taken by others musicians and overdubbed with what they guessed the final version might have sounded like but the living Beatles only spent a few days trying to clean up the tape before George had enough and went home.

I have seen interviews with Paul stating someday He and Jeff Lynne were going to pop into the studio and finish it off.

As years pass I doubt it's going to happen.

I have seen interviews with Paul stating someday He and Jeff Lynne were going to pop into the studio and finish it off.

Which is one way to make sure it doesn't sound like the Beatles. :rolleyes: I like Jeff Lynne but everything he touches comes out sounding like ELO.

Which is one way to make sure it doesn't sound like the Beatles. :rolleyes: I like Jeff Lynne but everything he touches comes out sounding like ELO.

He does have a sound. lol

My hats off to him though, for the work he did on the two singles they did finish. I read an article on how bad the tapes were and how painstakingly time consuming it was to clean up and isolate every note. Nothing was in measure as John's pacing would slow and then speed up. whole lotta work before Paul and George could even begin to sing and play on it.

"The Beatles," were a perfect storm of the sum of their 4 parts! John, Paul, George, and Ringo still sound

like themselves, but individually, they don't sound like "The Beatles!" Paul, and his excellent backing band,

play his old Beatles songs every tour. They still don't sound like "The Beatles," and never will! I'm amazed,

at how good some of the "Tribute" bands are, BUT...they lack that certain, and essential ingredient that was

"The Beatles!" Hence, to me, the best of them are poor imitations, regardless of how well they imitate!

But, that's just Me! [tongue][biggrin]

CB

Guest Farnsbarns

Fire extinguisher... Check

Flame retardant clothes... Check

Escape route planned... Check

Right then....

Everything Beatles is fake. They were fake. They were a manufactured boy band. All the hype was fake. They used auto tune (vocoder) and were about the most fake people ever to have lived. Any beatles memorabilia which isn't "fake" is fake.

Leg it, quick. Get outta here.

Fire extinguisher... Check

Flame retardant clothes... Check

Escape route planned... Check

Right then....

Everything Beatles is fake. They were fake. They were a manufactured boy band. All the hype was fake. They used auto tune (vocoder) and were about the most fake people ever to have lived. Any beatles memorabilia which isn't "fake" is fake.

Leg it, quick. Get outta here.

Hey you're from Surrey!

Archived