• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bending technique help

#21 User is offline   Roach 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:34 AM

View PostMichaelT, on 28 July 2017 - 12:18 PM, said:

I have 9's on all my electric guitars and I think the tone is pretty good but that's just my opinion. My two newest Les Pauls came with 10's and I put 9's on them after a few hours and I couldn't tell much of a difference. Then again, I spent years standing in front of a full stack so my ears may not be what they once were. You can always swap them out and swap back. It won't hurt anything.

I have diabetes type 2 as well and it certainly makes things more challenging. A hand/finger exerciser might help you with finger strength.

It still seems to me that you're pushing into the fretboard really hard and pushing the string really hard. I've never seen that much fret wear in such a short period of time in such a smallish area. I'd be interested to know what other guitarists think of how you're bending the strings and whether or not you're hitting the right note on your bends. Let us know if we can be of any more assistance.

Here's some examples, the first being BB King:

https://www.youtube....h?v=vg7ugDja1fA - can't go wrong with a BB King guitar lesson.
https://www.guitarle...guitar-strings/ - teaches how to bend to a proper tone.
https://www.justingu...ringBending.php - another good lesson as well.

These are just a few examples to compare how you do it vs. how others do it. One of the things they talk about is using another finger to assist with your bends. I find that my bends are typically single finger bends, using a bit of a wrist pivot and finger strength. Good luck!

awesome thanks i gotta give a big + to your profile
Posted Image
2015 Les Paul Studio (MM)
2000 Les Paul Special w/hums

Year? Ibanez RG120
Yamaha FS-311 7/8ths scale Acoustic

Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401 12" CG 40w
Line 6 Spyder IV 15
Danelectro HT50 in Nifty Fifty cab
Focusrite Scarlett Solo PC USB interface
SM-57 Mic

#22 User is offline   MichaelT 

• Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
  • Group: Members
  • LocationSomewhere in Kentucky

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:49 PM

View PostRoach, on 07 August 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

awesome thanks i gotta give a big + to your profile

My pleasure, Roach. I taught guitar for about 9 1/2 years and it definitely feels good to hear when I've been of some assistance to a fellow guitarist. I saw your comment and responded. I appreciate it. Good luck and I'm definitely looking forward to hearing how this all turns out for you.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users