Gibson Brands Forums

Strap pins for J45 neck.

Dave1963

So, none fitted. I thought there was meant to one under the heel....So what to do? Bootlace behind the nut? I really don't fancy screwing anything into my new beauty...

there are some nice leather neck straps. i have one on an old Guild, but i don't like that headstock thing. i just added an Ebony strap pin (StewMac) which looks great. i had someone else install it. i couldn't bear to watch

Not to Muddy the Waters, but here's an adapter that works pretty well. I'm also in the camp of not wanting a hole in my neck heel. These have a button on the bitter end that attaches to your strap's button hole. Sturdy Leather. You leave it on your headstock and unbutton your strap when you want to remove same. G'Luck.

https://www.martinguitar.com/1833-shop/martin-guitar-strap-extender-(black)/c-24/p-510

Thinking about it, in some 50 years, I have never installed a strap pin on a guitar. If somebody else by chance had already done it - fine. But if not I just used a rawhide shoelace or later one of those Martin gizmos mentioned above that secures the strap to the headstock. My wife though, has to have a strap pin and has one put on any guitar she owns.

Thinking about it, in some 50 years, I have never installed a strap pin on a guitar. If somebody else by chance had already done it - fine. But if not I just used a rawhide shoelace or later one of those Martin gizmos mentioned above that secures the strap to the headstock. My wife though, has to have a strap pin and has one put on any guitar she owns.

I put one in my Takamine, on the heel, but I don't fancy drilling into the J45. I have a strap coming from the US, via a really helpful member (Jedzep), so all sorted.

Thanks for all the suggestions, they are much appreciated.

I don't trust that clip either, Dave.

My acoustics are head/neck heavy and drop down when I go hands free with a heel attachment. I like that feeling of not having to actually support the neck while I'm trying to fret. Some complain that the strap coming off the headstock is in the way, but I don't know how that's possible. My hand comes nowhere near it down in cowboy chord country.

Archived