Gibson Brands Forums

Happy Thanksgiving, etc.

dhanners623

No Gibson content, no music videos, nothing to spark debate. Just a big "Happy Thanksgiving" to everyone here who celebrates it.

There is a long list of things I am thankful for, including my J-35 and the fellowship here. I've learned a lot from you folks over the years, and if I didn't say "thanks" at the time, allow me to say it now.

Go eat your turkey. I'm in Kuwait and we had the grandkids over so we had Domino's Pizza for dinner.

I am experiencing what they say is the coldest Thanksgiving Day in 100 years. The family all went down to Florida and will be enjoying Siesta Key Beach I imagine. I stayed home with my dog Mac. No turkey but Chicken Parmigiana. Got a fire going and I just finished up Caleb Carr's sequel to the Alienist.

The only thing I am truly thankful for is the people who have chosen to share their lives with me. They do not have to but I am glad they chose to. Other than that it is all expendable junk.

No Arlo as that tradition has been replaced by watching the WKRP in Cincinnati Thanksgiving show - "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

To everyone out there enjoy the day and take stock of the good things in your life.

Happy thanksgiving everyone...

I am thankful for this forum, and all the cyber friends I have made. You all know who you are.I am thankful for my Gibsons, and the company that makes them. They give me more pleasure than Boze can know.

I am thankful for my wife. My kids. My brothers and sisters. My parents.I am thankful my family is tougher than six fights with cancer,I’m overcome with love for them all. And I’m thankful I can feel and say that.

So, all of you. Murph, grunt, nick, EM, Keith, 62, Lars, cougar, our friends in Oz, bouz, Boyd, Missouri, RB, and the rest of the lot... have a blessed thanksgiving, and a healthful and happy upcoming holiday season.

Happy thanksgiving everyone...

I am thankful for this forum, and all the cyber friends I have made. You all know who you are.I am thankful for my Gibsons, and the company that makes them. They give me more pleasure than Boze can know.

I am thankful for my wife. My kids. My brothers and sisters. My parents.I am thankful my family is tougher than six fights with cancer,I’m overcome with love for them all. And I’m thankful I can feel and say that.

So, all of you. Murph, grunt, nick, EM, Keith, 62, Lars, cougar, our friends in Oz, bouz, Boyd, Missouri, RB, and the rest of the lot... have a blessed thanksgiving, and a healthful and happy upcoming holiday season.

And the same to you, Sal. Despite everything going on in the world, there is still much to be grateful for.

"Go ride the music."

What is this thanksgiving stuff ?

I'm sure there's some evil backstory to it, but at a hi-level and without thinking too hard, it's a day to sit back and think and celebrate and say thanks for the things you do have instead of what you don't - hopefully with the company and entertainment of your wish... typically a turkey, sometimes deep fried.

So regardless if you celebrate it formally or not, here's an opportunity to sit back, reflect and say thanks... and imbibe a little ;)

Archived