Gibson Brands Forums

Canadian Politics (ugh...)

SRV-Zeppelin

Alright, fellow Canucks... if you've been watching the news, you've likely heard of the oppositon's plan to form a coalition government with Stepon Dingdong as their leader (that's Stephane Dione for all you Liberal supporters- and thank God they didn't choose Jack Layton!).

Personally, I think it's bullsh*t.

And yes, I know, I know... keep politics out of the forum...

It's just that I'm really agitated by this. I don't care if the Liberals win an election through the democratic process, but coalitions just tick me off.

Thoughts?

I say go for it. Inject all the politics you want and any thing else thats on your mind. Talking guitars in a vacuum doesn't serve anything more then a few basic mechanical questions that quite frankly can be learned in a good 200 page book. These things you bring up are life. I would like to make this point clear by directing everyone to the "Musical Heritage" thread. It's about international politics, faith, education, patriotism, and other non forum related stuff. Interesting to me is how all that stuff led to the guitar, love of music, and passing that passion to their children. These are the things that make life. The guitar is just the instrument that helps you focus on that life or gives you even more of a reason to focus. The art of the music is the expression of the passion of life.

Don't just disagree with me. Vehemently, defiantly disagree with me. Not just for the sake of the argument, but for the same reason you reach way down in that set ending solo.

Change what you can and ditch the rest. On a cosmic scale - all of this shall pass. All these guys bickering for so called power. What are they actually doing with it?? The world's environment is tanking and will soon be in such a state that Mother Nature cannot repair our foolishness. When we get to that state who cares who is in power. No one is doing anything to ensure our descendents have a place that they can actually live.

Brian

Change what you can and ditch the rest. On a cosmic scale - all of this shall pass. All these guys bickering for so called power. What are they actually doing with it?? The world's environment is tanking and will soon be in such a state that Mother Nature cannot repair our foolishness. When we get to that state who cares who is in power. No one is doing anything to ensure our descendents have a place that they can actually live.

Brian

Great point (not that I agree or disagree)! Very Zen. I like it.

First things first. If you don't like this forum topic, don't read it - your freedom is choice. Some of you guys waste my time with your oxygen wasting, ignorant opinions, and lack of creativity in between the good posts, but I generally don't say anything about it. Maybe you could do the same here, but I'm pretty sure you won't, so don't think that it will be effective.

Normally, I don't comment on political items, but I'm pissed about our playground political tactics in Canada. First off, I'm a green supporter, except for a carbon tax I think they have good goals in mind. The entire country just went through an early forced election as a show of power by the conservatives. They won, and Canada spoke. I don't think that the conservatives have a bad plan, but who do these other three think they are to force a power shift? Now they want to completely ignore what we all said, and join forces and take the lead - that's not a government for the people, that's a dictatorship.

Generally Canadians don't show care about our politics, so the rest of the world feels the same. Maybe it's time to change that and step up against some power hungry dictators. Harper didn't force his way into the office... he was voted in.

First things first. If you don't like this forum topic' date=' don't read it - your freedom is choice. Some of you guys waste my time with your oxygen wasting, ignorant opinions, and lack of creativity in between the good posts, but I generally don't say anything about it. Maybe you could do the same here, but I'm pretty sure you won't, so don't think that it will be effective.

Normally, I don't comment on political items, but I'm pissed about our playground political tactics in Canada. First off, I'm a green supporter, except for a carbon tax I think they have good goals in mind. The entire country just went through an early forced election as a show of power by the conservatives. They won, and Canada spoke. I don't think that the conservatives have a bad plan, but who do these other three think they are to force a power shift? Now they want to completely ignore what we all said, and join forces and take the lead - that's not a government for the people, that's a dictatorship.

Generally Canadians don't show care about our politics, so the rest of the world feels the same. Maybe it's time to change that and step up against some power hungry dictators. Harper didn't force his way into the office... he was voted in.[/quote']

+1000000000000000000000

Alien, you read my mind- and put it into better wording.

I like Rex Murphy's description of the coalition- "an undiginified farce would be too dignified a term."

I have to wade in. The only way this coup gets through is with the support of a party whose only reason for being is BREAKING UP THE COUNTRY(bloc ). Enough said, the governor general can still tell them to get lost, but probably won't. 12 seats short of a majority and they can still hijack the government? I know I VOTED but only 60% of us did. Now look what happens. I'm with you SRV

Brian

" I got two here for the Space Station.. front row.. Who need's tickets?...."

Just tryin to lighten the mood.

We had all better buy some more Lesters before the dollar completely tanks. On a brighter note, maufacturing may look more attractive when our dollar is worth less than a peso. I can see it now. "Some arsehole tried to sell me a Canadian made Les Paul knockoff on e-bay. The only reason those canucks can make them for so cheap is because they pay their workers 25 cents an hour." This whole coalition business is the biggest joke I've ever heard. I wonder if Obama needs some side work as our Prime Minister.

GWN

Damn, when the Canadians talk of doing a border crash for political reasons it scares me. Canada was to be my place of refuge when the right wingers in the lower 48 start their reeducation camps.

I want the old Canada back. The one I love with that Cheetahs (adult) club. The one in Windsor across from Detroit.

And besides if you guys don't fix that problem then where (other then France) will scary white people from Texas tell me to go when they can't handle my patriotism and strict adherence to the Constitution.

re-education camps are a tool of the left not the right...and I resent being called white' date=' I'm a lovely shade of tan![/quote']

Sorry man. Perhaps you were under the impression I was referring to you.

Although, since you identified with the phrase "scary white people from Texas", maybe I was.

Still there are probably another 20 million to choose from.

If it makes you feel better change it from Texas to Georgia, or Alabama, or even "crazy white (really, really white) people from Indiana).

Archived