Gibson Brands Forums

epiphone les paul es custom

Snarf8

Hi, I own a epiphone les paul es custom and was wondering if anyone had any idea how much they are worth? Not looking to sell but more for peace of mind, ive seen varying values of them with one page even quoting $10,000. I bought it about 16/17 years ago for £500 ($700 approx). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, I own a epiphone les paul es custom and was wondering if anyone had any idea how much they are worth? Not looking to sell but more for peace of mind, ive seen varying values of them with one page even quoting $10,000. I bought it about 16/17 years ago for £500 ($700 approx). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I had never heard of an Epiphone ES Les Paul Custom so looked it up.

Here's one (for others to view) but no price as it was sold.

http://www.exceptionalguitars.com/inventory/detail.php?sn=EPEL061020

Tough to value an unseen guitar!!!! Post some pics. I'm interested.

Agreed. I think the Epiphone wiki is an awesome resource - as well as just plain interesting reading.

Maybe some pictures would help solve the puzzle as has been suggested earlier - quite keen to know now!

• 4 weeks later...

Those are great guitars. Without a picture it's hard to guess a value but the burst colored models that were late 90's early 00's usually go between $500.00 & $1000.00 The earlier all black Elite version maybe a bit more. Really clean versions often go over a grand and on rare occasions I've seen 1500!

Here' a link to pictures of some that have sold on eBay the past few years.

http://s1193.photobucket.com/user/dReit/slideshow/Gibson%20Les%20Paul%20Florentine%20and%20EPI%20ES

I have lot's of pics if you are interested message me and I'll try to send them to you.

D

• 3 weeks later...

I see that Musicians Friend is advertising a new Epiphone Les Paul Standard Florentine PRO Hollowbody Electric Guitar.

Looks good, but has that skinny neck thing. :(

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/epiphone-les-paul-standard-florentine-pro-hollowbody-electric-guitar

The specs say Nitro.

Does anyone have one to confirm or is this a misprint and really comes in Poly?

The specs say Nitro.

Does anyone have one to confirm or is this a misprint and really comes in Poly?

I wouldn't bet anything on a Musicians Friend ad.

And I can't find anything at Gibson/Epiphone.

So I'd guess poly until proven otherwise

I wouldn't bet anything on a Musicians Friend ad.

And I can't find anything at Gibson/Epiphone.

So I'd guess poly until proven otherwise

I thought it was too good to be true.

I would bet though MF just copies and pastes what Epiphone sends them for specs, same as they can't get their own guitars with the correct PUs listed either.

When they do show up in the stores looks like it is worth looking at anyway.

Thanks

Archived