Gibson Brands Forums

epi logo

shadowster

If its an EO-1, it was made between 1992 and 2000, so that roughly fits that you've had it 18 years. I speculate it's an EO-1 because it had a single cutaway, like yours, and spruce top. The other guitar I know for sure had that headstock, the EO-2, had an arched walnut top and butterly inlay on it. There may have been some others, I don't know. I remember researching this once, and a thread about these guitars, the headstock and logo, the butterly, etc., but it was lost when the forum went down, and I didn't save what I found out anywhere.

Maybe someone else has some info. I think another forum member has one of these guitars. There's a banned forum member with multiple personalities who might know! If you're reading this, "hi."

Red 333

If its an EO-1' date=' it was made between 1992 and 2000, so that roughly fits that you've had it 18 years. I speculate it's an EO-1 because it had a single cutaway, like yours, and spruce top. The other guitar I know for sure had that headstock, the EO-2, had an arched walnut top and butterly inlay on it. There may have been some others, I don't know. I remember researching this once, and a thread about these guitars, the headstock and logo, the butterly, etc., but it was lost when the forum went down, and I didn't save what I found out anywhere.

Maybe someone else has some info. I think another forum member has one of these guitars. There's a banned forum member with multiple personalities who might know! If you're reading this, "hi."

Red 333[/quote']

i found an EO-1 but the guitars diffrent, headstocks the same but the body shape all wrong

this is same as this LSSMVSNHN1-Finish-Shot.jpg

heres mine gibo1.jpg

It's an Epiphone Orville EO-1VSB (Vintage Sunburst), made in Korea in the 90's.

I have one, it's nice to look at, plays good, sounds OK. "Gibson" truss rod cover is standard.

Bought it for my daughter for $200 (overpaid), but she hasn't bonded with it yet.

It's a $100 guitar, $150 if the cheesy Epi (Shadow) preamp works.

In any case, here's a pic of it with my BFF:

shania-twain-with-guitar2.jpg

No really, me and Shania are really tight! :-k

• 4 months later...

err this really upsets me. I have one IDENTICAL to miss Shania there, so that's rather freakin awesome, but I was lied to about it. Anyway, it's nice to know that it's rather worthless. $150 bucks (my amp is in working condition) Thanks a lot brianh for this info. It's a downer, but a tad bit of a pickmeup too. The guitar in my display picture is my Shania twin. If I could figure out how ya'll posted pics directly to this forum I'd show you more. Thanks again.

okay maybe I'm not upset. I was just told by a website, given my serial number and model that:

Your guitar was made at the

Kalamazoo Plant, USA

approximately in: 1967

soo....It's sort of confusing because on the sticker in the sound hole it clearly says "Made in Korea". I don't know what I should believe now...

This being said, I don't see Shania buying a $150 guitar, so yours could also be worth more. Google "Guitar Dater Project" or go to guitardaterprogect.org. Choose either Epiphone or Gibson from the right side (I chose Epi first but my serial was unrecognizable so I went with Gibson) Type in your serial number, model, and select an option from below. I didn't choose anything in the Les Paul section, but I chose that the serial number was printed on a label in the sound hole. I understand you don't know the model, but if you have the serial number then type that in and I would guess an EO-1 also, as brain suggested because my guitar, as you can see, looks like yours also just a little lighter. Mine is for sure an EO-1, so I'm sure yours is too. Does your serial number happen to end with a letter?

hmm, I don't really understand all the codes and everything written there, but the disclaimer about guitardater simply says that it decodes Epiphones. It did not recognize the serial number when I chose Epiphone, but since it is a Gibson Epiphone I chose Gibson and it went through saying it was made in 67. Now, I don't know for sure about any of this, which is why I'm really trying to find someone that can tell me. I've been told a lot of different things in the last 2 days. I know the guitar is old, but if it's 43 years old, I don't know. Now, I will tell you this. It is POSSIBLE that you guitar is worth more. I showed mine to a guy about 7 years ago and was offered 300 + his electric on the spot. Another reason it could be worth more is the very reason I'm here. There is LITTLE reliable information about these guitars. So in order to get rid of it, the guy you bought it from may had just said forget the mess, $200 and it's yours. I would LOVE to have a love tryst with Shania Twain btw. 55 or not.

That could be true Bender, but instead of typing the serial number onto the sticker like they did the model, there's another sticker on top of it with a serial number on that. Seems like an old guitar with a new serial number, so it's been tampered with I just don't know how much.

I'm pretty positive that it was made in at least early 70s though if not 67 like the others were. I just wish I knew for sure.

I weird realization just now. See my picture? Look in the sound hole. That's the sticker I'm talking about. Now scroll up if you would and notice Shania's shinny guitar that is identical to mine with not BUT one difference. It has no sticker. Now was it removed, or did Gibson Epi make a new model EO-1 and put the "made in" and everything in a different place?

I tell you this, if the sticker was removed from Shania's guitar someone did a really good job at getting every little bit.

That could be true Bender' date=' but instead of typing the serial number onto the sticker like they did the model, there's another sticker on top of it with a serial number on that. Seems like an old guitar with a new serial number, so it's been tampered with I just don't know how much.

I'm pretty positive that it was made in at least early 70s though if not 67 like the others were. I just wish I knew for sure.[/quote']

they do that to 2nd's to change the serial number. If you could somehow remove it I bet you would find the original serial number underneath that guitar dater would get right.

If you take more pictures and email them to me at meanstreak@hotmail.co.uk I will post them up on the forum for you

@Musikron: You make me want to burn it.

@meanstreak: I'm sure I could remove it, but what do you mean "to seconds"? I wouldn't want to remove it and ruin the sticker underneath just in case. Even if it is a 90's (...) I don't want an ugly guitar. Any tips on doing this? And if so, what if there's no number underneath?

If a guitar is deemed as less-than-perfect, it is sold as a second-condition with no warranty. Sometimes they're stamped "2nd," sometimes "USED," but the serial number is always defaced and replaced with a different number, or just defaced.

The Shania photo is also a promotional picture. The label in a guitar isn't terribly attractive, so it was likely removed from the photo.

Guitar Dater Project can't figure out Seconds or B-stock serial numbers because they're random, rather than actually code for something.

It just upsets me. I paid nothing for it. It sounds ok, and it's actually beautiful, but mainly it was sentimental to me. I was told it was my uncles very first. I don't play personally, although I've been teaching myself the staff and I can now play half of Beethoven's 9th symphony (big whoop). It's just that now I own a $150 guitar that has not sentimental value to me what so ever. The case it's in was probably more expensive.

Archived