Gibson Brands Forums

LG2 AE

JuanCarlosVejar

Hey, now. It's got the vibe of an LG2,jsut needs to grow up some (keep in mind some of you are a A/Bing these to 60 year old boxes). Havent handled one to be sure, but it sounds on par with the new 35s from a quality p.o.v. (allowoing for L vs J etc).

It looks and sounds pretty good, if not a little bit 'new' sounding.

I guess we can hope that it sounds like my wonderful-sounding 1959 LG3 in 54 years time! (Without the awful smell).

This has been a large chunk of the market missing and I am glad Gibson are doing these.

BluesKing777.

Let me understand this...its lacking the LG2/3 pickguard, it's a LG3 but its lacking its name, it's a LG2 but lacking its sunburst...and, its back and side wood stain/color doesn't resemble any LG2 or 3 I've ever seen on the model. Plus, it has an American Eagle designation affixed to its name that seems to be unexplained.

I'm a big big fan of LG3s. It was a major influence in my playing from ages 10 to about 20 years old. I've often found myself longing to have one, again. But, this LG2 is not a LG3 or even a LG2 to me. I might change my mind if I get a chance to play one, of course. So it goes sometimes as y'all know.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Let me understand this...its lacking the LG2/3 pickguard, it's a LG3 but its lacking its name, it's a LG2 but lacking its sunburst...and, its back and side wood stain/color doesn't resemble any LG2 or 3 I've ever seen on the model..
Not for the first time. Gibson's m.o. seems to be to mix and match appointments. Reckon that way you can side-step a direct comparison with the originals.

• 2 weeks later...

Nyuk Nyuk and a sorry in advance, but...

That Tony is very 'Talon' ted......

and the sharp eyed ('Eagled -Eyed') will notice that the LG2 American Eagle list of specs shows the guitar to be light as a 'feather'....

and if you want one of your own, you had better 'swoop' on it...

BluesKing777.

Just listened to the Eagle clip B/t/B wit' Tony's J35 clip . Pretty close imho with the obvious distinction being the 35's deeper bass resonance. Based solely on TPs example, if you heart the 35 and heart L-series Gibbys, there'd be something to like in yonder Eagle. At the time, I would imagine if you AB'd them to higher end repros, you'd hear the difference.

Meanwhile, here's Ms Patty Griffin with what looks like one of these news kids

Archived