Gibson Brands Forums

Little Feat - "Sailin' Shoes"

Searcy

Absolutely no argument there--it's just that "Sneakin' Sally Through The Alley" medley was in heavy rotation on WMMR back in the day.

I really miss Lowell George...

And Pierre Row Bear is still on the air.

rct

[thumbup] He had an instantly recognizable voice on the slide guitar. One note and you knew it was him.

Although they were more or less peers, I equate Bonnie Raitt's slide sound/style to a HEAVY Lowell George influence.

I was lucky enough to see Little Feat with Lowell George in London in'75.

It was the combination of his voice and the music that made it. A great Slide

player and singer.

Waiting for Columbus is still one of the great Live albums, Dixie Chicken, All that you dream,

Rocket in my Pocket etc., etc., classic!

Always LOVED Waiting For Columbus, and I see what you mean about playing Sailin' Shoes in time, but it seems to me it would have been somewhat easier with the instrument mix on the Little Feat version than on the first one you linked (sounds good, but the mandolin- which is in some respects taking the place of the piano in the other version- would really throw me off I think). [end/runonsentence [tongue]]

Okay, scrap that. I posted before listening to the whole thing and went back. You got piano (comes in around 90 seconds, and the mandolin is less prevalent after). Sounds great overall, and difficult or not, they pull it off.

I remember when he was the NEW guy! :lol:

David Dye, Michael Tearson, Gene Shay and Luke O'Reilly (who became Al Stewart's manager I think)

I remember hearing this one heading home up RT 1 near Kennett Square at sunrise a long, long time ago

Willin' 2nd Version

I remember Gene Shay from Q102.

rct

Archived