Gibson Brands Forums

NGD!!

STEVIL

Just had a great score from a nice guy! I was bidding on his auction on eBay, so I thought I push the boat out and ask him if he would take £300 for the SG G400 in Pelham blue, and we reached a deal. So it's all paid up and will be here early next week. I can't wait, his pics are below, I will add my own once she is here. [biggrin]

_epsg5.jpg

Just had a great score from a nice guy! I was bidding on his auction on eBay, so I thought I push the boat out and ask him if he would take £300 for the SG G400 in Pelham blue, and we reached a deal. So it's all paid up and will be here early next week. I can't wait, his pics are below, I will add my own once she is here. [biggrin]

_epsg5.jpg

What year was that made? In the first couple photos it looks like it has the "Designed by Gibson" stickers/labels on the pickups? Is that so, or am I seeing things? My '02 DOT had those on it when I got it, but I haven't seen them since that time...Awesome looking guitar BTW If it plays well and stays in tune, the price seems like a steal! Good luck with 'er...

what lpfan said ! I want one of those now.....

does it play as good as it looks?

It certainly does, although I think I'm going to have to take it to my techy guy, as it needs a proper set up, as I'm getting a bit of buzz, but nothing major - it's probably just something small I can't find myself. I'd recommend the colour though - I'm totally besotted by her. This is the discontinued version from a couple of years back I think, there is a newer run in this colour for 2013. [thumbup]

What year was that made? In the first couple photos it looks like it has the "Designed by Gibson" stickers/labels on the pickups? Is that so, or am I seeing things? My '02 DOT had those on it when I got it, but I haven't seen them since that time...Awesome looking guitar BTW If it plays well and stays in tune, the price seems like a steal! Good luck with 'er...

I think the year is either 2010, or 2011. What I do know is that they are now discontinued. The stickers before I removed them did say designed by Gibson, they are Alnico V pup's. Here is a link I found to Gear 4 Music, which gives a brief description. Thanks for he comment [thumbup] , I'm going to take her and have a proper set up, as I think the guy bought her new, and just strummed her twice, probably why the plastic film was still on.

UPDATE: I checked the Guitar Dater,(I know not always correct)here is what they came up with:

Guitar Info:

Your guitar was made in

China

September 2010

Production Number: 0189

Archived