Gibson Brands Forums

What to do?

ParlourMan

so, the 40th has been, gone and is awaiting for me to buy myself something to remember it by....... you know what I'm saying fellas, the best pressies are the ones you get yourself from time to time... so, that in mind, given the fact the only Gibson acoustic I fancy is overpriced, I'm tempted to jump on the dark path....

http://www.thomann.de/gb/gibson_es_330_vintage_cherry_vos.htm

Talk me down, are you fit enough? ;) ;)

Ps. Look at the shiny shiny.....

Hollow bodies can be a lot of fun - but most of their sound comes from amps and pedals, so they are bit more expensive than the intial outlay on the guitar - if you've already got the gear, I say jump, if you don't already have the gear - you are going to approach the price of that walnut dream quite quickly me thinks.

Let's have some fun with the math.

Purchase Guitar 2,600 Euros

Purchase Amp & Pedals & Accesories $800 Euros

Total Potential Outlay $3,400 Euros (about $4,500 US)

Or $3,200 US for this

http://www.gbase.com/gear/gibson-custom-shop-jackson-browne-2011-custom

But, that cherry red is kind of irresistable... either way you'd be happy - my emotion thinks you might have more fun with the electric, especially thinking about the sorts of gigs you play, you may not feel comfortable uncasing the JB. I have never played mine in a bar for fear of the possible disasters.

Just know the JB DuluthDan posted a link for does have a small crack at its base. Had the neck not given me such a struggle, it would still be mine. I traded it in part for that 1952 J45 I posted earlier this year.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

I paid 3k even, FYI.

Just know the JB DuluthDan posted a link for does have a small crack at its base. Had the neck not given me such a struggle, it would still be mine. I traded it in part for that 1952 J45 I posted earlier this year.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

I paid 3k even, FYI.

Small World! Crack or finish scratch? Do you know how it came to be? I have a 14" crack in the lower side of my J-45 TV - saved me probably $1,000, and plays terrific, and because the crack is not "on the drivers side" I rarely notice it.

That ES-330 PM has in his sites is looking better and better, eh?

It's more than a scratch. My guess would be it was dropped from a wall hanger in the store. Or maybe when the guy had a pickup put in, something happened when putting in the endpin jack. Honestly, it made me just a little nervous, since my mind kept imagining the crack getting larger.

It had a sweet sound, but the opportunity to own a 1952 with case just excited me too much. Now I worry about messing this one up.

Archived