Gibson Brands Forums

Holiday in the States

D28boy

Hi

planning on comming over the pond next year and was wondering if it was possible to fly out on a regular tourist flightwithout a guitar but fly back with a new guitar to me...second hand...Would I encounter any problems do you think?

Just make sure your 'new' guitar doesn't contain any banned tone-woods.

When it comes to travelling, there's no such thing as a "guitar with banned tone-woods." The only banned tonewoods are shanks and baseball bats and stuff like that.

Now if you start toning your wood right there in the terminal.... [unsure]

When it comes to travelling, there's no such thing as a "guitar with banned tone-woods." The only banned tonewoods are shanks and baseball bats and stuff like that.

Now if you start toning your wood right there in the terminal.... [unsure]

HAHAHAHA..... I haven't 'toned my wood" since I was a teenager!

by the way in Feb by my maths Gibsons where practically the same price as in the UK/Europe, Fenders were a fair bit cheaper though.

Thanx for the input everybody...I'm looking for second hand actually and their value also seems to be better to me...Was wondering if I could just sneak it back into the country [scared]

Was wondering if I could just sneak it back into the country [scared]

Hehe. I know what You mean. Once, I've ordered some goods from overseas. It was sent as a gift. When it arrived, I've got the notice from Customs Department of the Post to come and pick it up. I went there, and asked for it. They handed over the stuff. I was about the leave (as quick as I could :D), when the officer asked me, whether I could show the original bill of the products, because they don't believe it was cheaper than 150 EURs. [cursing] So, I had to pay the import tax (which applies to S/H as well) and 27% VAT. Thank You very much. :)

So, You might try it, but - just in case - have that money in Your pocket if Your attempt fails. ;)

Cheers... Bence

Archived