Gibson Brands Forums

My own Brownie.

cookieman15061

For the past 15 years one guitar has been a constant in my life. It's the only guitar I've owned that need no setup not so much as a tweak of any kind. Aside from string changes she's as the day I unboxed her and she's been a workhorse. Sometimes ya gets lucky.

That is as beautiful as it gets!!! [thumbup]

For the past 15 years one guitar has been a constant in my life. It's the only guitar I've owned that need no setup not so much as a tweak of any kind. Aside from string changes she's as the day I unboxed her and she's been a workhorse. Sometimes ya gets lucky.

IMG_2707_zps1b602822.jpg

IMG_2710_zps92e18efe.jpg

IMG_2704_zps6fbb26f9.jpg

IMG_2712_zpse84343cd.jpg

I loves my Les Paul to death, but there is something that is magical about a Stratocaster, I just bought a brand new Olympic White American Standard Stratocaster about 3 weeks ago and Im lovin it. Yours looks SWEET!!!!!

Just wondering if anybody else has one that's always been great to play. Never an issue with string buzz or needed a neck adjustment. Never a problem staying in tune and I use the trem quite a bit.

I just realized this week as we've been practicing for a gig this afternoon that this is my one guitar that never needed a set up. I can't say that about any of my others.

Just wondering if anybody else has one that's always been great to play. Never an issue with string buzz or needed a neck adjustment. Never a problem staying in tune and I use the trem quite a bit.

I just realized this week as we've been practicing for a gig this afternoon that this is my one guitar that never needed a set up. I can't say that about any of my others.

No biggie. I just smashed mt strat's headstock into the coffee machine yesterday while I was whipping around. I just brushed off the headstock without looking in case there was any debris embedded in it.

I have experienced chronic Strat-love since hearing Hank Marvin and many subsequent Strat players... [thumbup]

Strapping a Strat on is one of life's supreme pleasures...sculpted comfort and the feel of that maple neck and board...

My white American has been stable for 5yrs or more

And is still an exciting alternative to Gibsons various

My 'minimal' quiver would probably consist of a Strat and an ES 335 or similar...

V

:-({|=

1989 Japanese Strat same finish as yours Cookie. Never needed a setup, but after 21 years I had "noiseless" pups installed and all the Japanese electronics swapped out for American..

She is the best electric in the house. But the Gibby Classic Custom gives her a run for the money.

IMG_2707_zps1b602822.jpg

IMG_2710_zps92e18efe.jpg

IMG_2704_zps6fbb26f9.jpg

IMG_2712_zpse84343cd.jpg

Have almost the same guitar but it's a telecaster 60th Anniversary

Guitars001_zpsa11b7420.jpg

Guitars002_zps8ed2b922.jpg

This is my best play strat a Fender American Select

Guitars204.jpg

Guitars208.jpg

Archived