Gibson Brands Forums

Drive Throughs And Dishwashers

Rocky4

I never understood the dishwasher. It takes longer than hand washing and it seems to me to be just as much work loading and unloading than to just fill up the sink with soapy water and gettin it done. As far as drive throughs go, I stop off for a soda everyday after work. If the drive through is packed, I'll park and walk in. I get out much faster.

......just ramblin......

Yeah, I'd say it was mainly a "convenience" thing.

But unless it's a really kick-***, top-of-the-line dishwasher, I'd not want one. I've seen some dishwashers' "work", and I'd have done a better job with one arm broken! Like you said, the process of loading and unloading them is a hassle, as well.

As for car washes... that is a $$$ thing. I hate those automated drive-thru washes—I don't care how cheap they might be, in comparison to an actual hand-wash. I'd rather wash my car by hand myself if I didn't want to spend the $$$. That said, I can take my car to the self-wash center, and pay maybe $2 to hand-wash it with excellent results.

In short, I guess I am simply a hands-on kind'a guy. I also don't see the point in saving some time and/or $$$ if the results are not as good.

We rarely use the dishwasher unless we have people over. Easier and faster to wash 'em up by hand.

We do hit a drive through once a week (Friday) for breakfast, and, like you, we'll go in if the drive-thru line looks long. I check to see what the last car is and then look for that car on the way out to see that I have triumphed. It's the little things that make me happy. [biggrin]

In short, I guess I am simply a hands-on kind'a guy.

This [thumbup] I have a problem paying someone to do something I can do myself (and probably do better). I do know my limits though and call in a professional if I feel I'm over my head.

I check to see what the last car is and then look for that car on the way out to see that I have triumphed. It's the little things that make me happy. [biggrin]

It is these little things that make one's day! Even the smallest of victories can make life worth living! [biggrin]

This [thumbup] I have a problem paying someone to do something I can do myself (and probably do better). I do know my limits though and call in a professional if I feel I'm over my head.

Right-on. I wouldn't attempt to detail my car... but making the exterior look shiny and new? I've got that handled. [laugh]

Hair cuts are another example. Since I keep mine short, I started doing it myself probably 15 years ago. I think I'm on my third set of clippers, so I have spent $100 at the most for 15 years of hair cuts. Figure 4 or 5 haircuts a year at what? $25 easy. That's like $2000 to spend on gear (and beer). [thumbup]

Hair cuts are another example. Since I keep mine short, I started doing it myself probably 15 years ago. I think I'm on my third set of clippers, so I have spent $100 at the most for 15 years of hair cuts. Figure 4 or 5 haircuts a year at what? $25 easy. That's like $2000 to spend on gear (and beer). [thumbup]

I cut my own hair also, but I do go in to get it cut about once a year to get it done right.

Guest Farnsbarns

I have a dishwasher. It was life changing because both myself and my wife have an unjustified and irrational hatred for washing up. As for drive through, I'm no healthy eater but I wouldn't eat that **** if you paid me. If I'm going to eat a burger it'll be from a no-chain grill place or at home. I find McDonald's utterly disgusting, how can anyone eat sweetened bread and sweetened meat. I mean, they must actually add sugar.

I have a dishwasher. It was life changing because both myself and my wife have an unjustified and irrational hatred for washing up. As for drive through, I'm no healthy eater but I wouldn't eat that **** if you paid me. If I'm going to eat a burger it'll be from a no-chain grill place or at home. I find McDonald's utterly disgusting, how can anyone eat sweetened bread and sweetened meat. I mean, they must actually add sugar.

Haha, yeah I am with you on both counts. Hate the dishes and hate fast food. I make my own food and the washer I use because I can get the temperature to molten lava temperatures...which makes me feel better about eating on my plates. My hands can't tolerate those levels. I make sure to add an extra rinse though.

A big hell yes on the dishwasher from me.

And I don't rinse the plates either. They get scraped off and into the dishwasher.

They come out sparkling and sanitized.

I would rather gouge my eyes out than hand wash dishes.... And it's not for lack of hands on. I'm installing my own hardwood floors, laid a

brick sidewalk and still have to build a deck this summer.

As for the drive throughs,, put me in the despise camp. I'm 51 and have young kids so my kids have dragged me

through enough of these damn drive throughs the past few years.

Before kids I hadn't eaten at McDee's for damn near 20 years.. I think Farns was saying they were sweet? Ya man,, fricking sugar burgers.

hideous stuff,, although they still make good fries ;) hehe..

Given the choice I will grind my own burgers from a nice chuck roast,, now that's a burger.

If drive throughs made burgers like I make,, hell yes I would drive through.

Unless of course going inside looked quicker.

I hate line ups

Dishwasher...I have 4 kids plus us two adults and we all hate ( but have done for years) handwashing. When we bought the house a few years ago it came with a dishwasher and we haven't looked back.

Drivethru...hell anything more than a coffee and I say get out of line and go into the store and get it.....

speaking of drivethrus..isn't it funny how we as a society complain about emissions and pollution and our government even charges us to have emission test and make us pay if we fail...yet no one says boo about the millions of cars sitting there idling in drivethrus polluting the air wasting gas. Governments won't stop that because to much money is involved...hypocrisy... got to love it.

Although, I do get burgers from McDs from time to time, I mainly go there for a quick soda. We get our meat from a local farmer I went to school with.

You may not believe this, but I had a neighbor once who was a devoted bachelor and with good cause. I once went to a car wash around the corner from our house and there he was, with all of his dirty dishes spread out on a tarp on the floor of the self wash, hosing them, scrubbing them with the brush on the stick doohickey, I didn't even ask!

I agree.

If it's just you or you and the Mrs., hand washing is quicker and cheaper. If you have a lot of other mouths to feed, then there is time to be saved using the machine.

Far as fast food, I do the same when the line is around the building, unless the walk-up is full too. Then I do the drive-up. Or... I drive off to a less backed up fast food establishment.

If all I want is a drink, I go to the local gas and smokes shop. They have a 32 oz fountain soda for 89¢. I'm in, then out the door in 2 minutes.

Speaking of not so fast food. In the seldom times I am forced to eat at McDonald's, I am reminded of the reason I don't 'do' McDonald's. In the past year I've noticed they have changed the order to pick-up process. They take your money, then shove you down the counter where numerous customers are waiting. This pile-up of customers makes it hard to know when your food is up. I sort of 'get in line' again to wait my food, but several times when my number is called, I guess, I didn't hear it. Then I get frustrated as orders are picked up by folks who ordered after me. Whereupon, I have to re-affirm my order and wait again. One McD's fills the drink cup, right away, then the food comes later. By the time I caught on to the procedure, there were a dozen soda cups sitting on the end of the counter. Which one's mine? I suspect the other 11 customers haven't caught on to the procedure either. Quite honestly, I think my meals have been pilfered by someone else. Several times, while waiting in the "Waiting for my food" line, another person walks up. Then after several minutes they realize this isn't the order taking line. What a goat rope. Is this progress? How many orders have to be remade a second time for a paying customer? Is this good business? Is this good customer relations? I think not.

Archived