Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - Adding to the J-35 love-fest (pics added)

nodehopper

The pics look great. I like the bridge pins - cool.

And thanks for the rest of the store. Seem to me you got caught by an unethical marketing ploy. The Gibson website spec list indicates the HSC come with the guitar - it should not be invoice separately. In the area I live in there have been successful lawsuits over retailers separating items intended to be sold together, as well as bait and switch. Seems like GC is walking a thin line into a gray area here.

Congratulations, Nodehopper.

A beautiful guitar. I especially like your fire stripe pick guard. I'm tempted to buy a j-35 just for that pick guard. And, BTW, the Gibson web site shows that the guitar comes with the case included.

Hope your 60+ hour weeks are at an end so you can enjoy your guitars.

FMA

Thanks.. I have the 3 day weekend and it is looking like I will starting working less hours so I hope to play her hard.. [thumbup]

I played nodehopper's J-35 today, with 12's on it. I thought it played nicely, sounded good but it was twangy and very bright. Probably needs more break-in time but I liked it...

Well...I started to tell Pschaafs my Guitar Center story and he jumped in a said they charged you for the case ???? So this must be SOP for Guitar Center.

Yes the guitar is Twangy and Bright ....I sorta like it though and I am sure the new strings will age well on it....

It also is the best sounding lead acoustic that I have heard in person ( Pschaafs was kind enough to let me hear my guitar from the front ...Thanks Peter)...sadly I am only just starting to try and take breaks and I am hoping that this guitar will encourage me more...

GC has charged extra for the case for many years, so they have a solid position on this, even though unethical. The $169 price was what got me, as I recall it cost me $75 when I bought one there about 5 years ago...

I forgot to look for it, but do these come with an installed pickup?

Thanks.. I have the 3 day weekend and it is looking like I will starting working less hours so I hope to play her hard.. [thumbup]

Well...I started to tell Pschaafs my Guitar Center story and he jumped in a said they charged you for the case ???? So this must be SOP for Guitar Center.

Yes the guitar is Twangy and Bright ....I sorta like it though and I am sure the new strings will age well on it....

It also is the best sounding lead acoustic that I have heard in person ( Pschaafs was kind enough to let me hear my guitar from the front ...Thanks Peter)...sadly I am only just starting to try and take breaks and I am hoping that this guitar will encourage me more...

I'll chime in as well re the J35 it is an easy playing great sounding guitar and a strikingly sassy blonde one you have there Steve [biggrin]

GC has charged extra for the case for many years, so they have a solid position on this, even though unethical. The $169 price was what got me, as I recall it cost me $75 when I bought one there about 5 years ago...

I forgot to look for it, but do these come with an installed pickup?

Yes it has a Fishman UST ...which I hope to swap out with a K&K in the near future.

thanks Tennroots ....she is a blonde bombshell... [biggrin]

I'll chime in as well re the J35 it is an easy playing great sounding guitar and a strikingly sassy blonde one you have there Steve [biggrin]

Oh yeah, I try and steer clear of the Guitar Center, they have their right to practice business as they choose and we can choose to open our wallets in another establishment. Their sales force are primarily young folk who know next to nothing about the acoustic instruments they carry at least in my experience.

Archived