Gibson Brands Forums

Bigsby install/cover old bridge posts

Dennis G

I recall a thread, I believe on this board, about Bigsby installs, and photo's of such. I just did one on my Dot and am looking for ways to cover the old bridge posts. I recall a thread but can't find it about someone who got some "caps" for lack of a better term at Home Depot that fit over the old fittings. Can't find it again. Any help appreciated. Here's a photo of the B700 install and shows the "exposed" bridge post holes.

002_zps11f929c8.jpg

A tarp.

You're welcome.

rct

EDIT: I'm kidding you know. I don't use Bigsbys. Bigsbii. I had one on a guitar as a youngster, hated it, have never gotten over it or past it. I appreciate and respect those that use them and enjoy them. I like what I hear, but don't like having them on my guitars. Like Floyds, don't like them. So, I'm just kidding.

Some guys simply cap them.

But . . . how about a Down Tension Bar - fits over the stop anchors. - http://townerusa.com/

epiphone-dot-c-bigsby-maquinaria-gibson_mlm-f-4708381091_072013.jpg

Am I missing something here? [confused] That would be a good fix but the B700 I installed already has a tension bar, so that would be a bit redundant no? Nice looking Dot, btw.

As for capping them, that was kind of my original thought, just looking for what others have done/used. Thx for the input.

Archived