Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

crust

Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro Heritage Cherry Sunburst

fun006_zps6ed5b068.jpg

lpclose_zpse7c8e8b8.jpg

Don't get me wrong, but, yes, it is possible to be in love with an inanimate object, in a Platonic way.

The Epiphone mini makes a great pre amp for the larger amp.

Les Paul Standard Pro

fun006_zps6ed5b068.jpg

lpclose_zpse7c8e8b8.jpg

Don't get me wrong, but, yes, it is possible to be in love with an inanimate object, in a Platonic way.

The Epiphone mini makes a great pre amp for the larger amp.

beautiful !

but, platonic means "hands off"....so, we know the truth, and it's o.k. !! [biggrin]

Happy Playing!

Funny how they call the coil splitting function coil tapping [rolleyes]

Yes, 'coil tapping' is completely different, and rarely seen on humbuckers. I don't know why manaufacturers don't use the right term. Same goes for 'tremelo bar.' No such thing. There are vibrato bars though. Fluctuating pitch vs fluctuating volume.

Yes, 'coil tapping' is completely different, and rarely seen on humbuckers. I don't know why manaufacturers don't use the right term. Same goes for 'tremelo bar.' No such thing. There are vibrato bars though. Fluctuating pitch vs fluctuating volume.

Fender always seemed to get the two backwards by putting tremolo bars on their guitars and vibrato on their amps.

Wow... crusty...

You've been having a good run of aquisitions recently...

Enjoy Bros [thumbup]

[biggrin]

only a few more..only a few more...

I don't have any harmonicas here at the present moment. If I leave them out, my grandson takes them with him. [biggrin]

Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro Heritage Cherry Sunburst

Congrats! Nice Plus Top.. I've got a '96 Epi MIK Honeyburst Plus Top. Great LP's!

Wish mine had the coil tapping (splitting) as well ~

lpimg6404pb.jpg

I actually played this particular guitar about 3 hours today (until the high E broke) lol. I then changed the string and played another hour. The more I play it, the more I dig this guitar. Maybe even more than the 2 Gibson LP's I have, it's that nice. Great tones and play-ability. I have a Fender GDEC 3-30 amp and have procured several "Hal Leonard" play along books that come with an SD card with backing tracks to play along with as well as "lead" wave files for practice/study. I got the SRV, Clapton, Tom Petty, AC/DC and Nirvana books and am waiting for Jimi and ZZ to be delivered. If nothing else, I won't be bored with my guitar playing this coming winter, when I'm pretty much shut in. The few students I have do enjoy those groups/performers and will also benefit from the backing tracks and accompanying books that go along with the SD cards. Yes this LP is quite nice indeed. [thumbup]

Archived