Gibson Brands Forums

Newbie, What brought me to this icredibly talented bunch of Gibsonites

daneswede

Thought it was a way in to get me in for writing in the gibson columns other than just a forum , but so be it. Im here now . There are a pletherea of forums out there. Ill see how this one is . so far from what ive read it seems like the usual fair and a good website and forum Kudos.

PS:

To Me I am a Mahogany and LES PAUL OWNER FOR 20+ years and have a few Pauls that i Love.My favorite and not my most expensive by far is my 1973 GIBSON LES PAUL CUSTOM BLACK BEAUTY. I bought it way way back in 1985 and have used it as my #1 along with a CLASS 5 that Ifeel personally plays a lot like my 73' neck wise and fretboard feel , frets andso on anyway. I tend to rip all the pickups out of my guitars and use Handwound pickups. Just listen and youll har the differance .

Who do I speak of. An UNSOLICITED I promise you of WCR COIL co. Who makes maybe a only a 1/2 dozen p/ups. To me most of of my axes contain the DARKBURST Hand wound p/ups. I like their goodwood too for the neck position. actually hotter but not a conventional spot for this p/up. I have changed it from bridge to neck and back in one particular gr. anyway hello to all FOrumites and GIBSON LOVERS >!

By the way whats with this asymmetrical standard 08? Does anyone reallty think its worth $2k+ Or is that more like $2799?

The price is normal, if you've watched prices the past few years on Standards... The new features really don't add anything to it if you break down the differences between the 08 and now i guess Traditional/Vintage 58 or 60's style necks.

would love to see photos too... beautiful sounding les paul's man. merry christmas welcome to forums..

Are you' date=' by any chance, a fan of Chavo? *chespirito*

If yes: "No me simpatizas?"[/quote']

"Lo sospeche desde un principio!"=d> el_chapulin_colorado_2950-600x841.jpg

We used to have a member called Lynyrd Skynyrd-14 that couldnt write two words correctly... he wouldnt even get "is" or "the" (or even "a") right... imagine that... I guess saturn was talking about him: lots of caps, lots of gramatical errors, lots of, well I'm sure you get the idea =D>

We used to have a member called Lynyrd Skynyrd-14 that couldnt write two words correctly... he wouldnt even get "is" or "the" (or even "a") right... imagine that... I guess saturn was talking about him: lots of caps' date=' lots of gramatical errors, lots of, well I'm sure you get the idea =D> [/quote']

Hey, that was an inside joke. Now he knows I was hacking on him. =P~ It's all in good fun. And we do want pics ASAP.

Archived