Gibson Brands Forums

Ebay fake??

onewilyfool

Re: the Hummingbird: Looks just like the soundhole label in a '93 I have. The early years for Gibson Bozeman. Yes, the bridge could be darker. 'Burst looks fine to me.

As far as Gravity Music Gear, Denver; I bought an old guitar from them in the past... they are decent folk, move an awful lot of used gear, and they represented the guitar I bought from them honestly & accurately, and were negotiable on the $.

Both of those guitars look fine too me, but I can see why people could be suspicious. The pale bridge on the Hummingbird, does look out of place.

As for the headstock on the Dove, it looks to me as though a slight shadow coming in from the right, is causing that "Reshaped" kind of look it has.

Steve.

The headstock of the Dove (the second one linked) looks as if it had been repaired after a serious damage caused by bumping its upper edge.

If it has been damaged and repaired....he mentions nothing about it...hmmmm??? I thought Gibson always put their labels centered on the sound hole, not off to one side...???

The Hummingbird looks pretty legit to me; seems to have a very light-coloured bridge, is all. Not sure if it's rosewood, but certainly I've seen that wood before for bridges in the early '90s. Bridge pins are rosewood and are standard for that era.

Nice burst!

Fred

I'm siding with this viewpoint - they both look ok, apart from the bridge which looks like it could benefit from some oil. The headstock on the second looks like unfortunate lighting to me too, not damage.

Both of those guitars look fine too me, but I can see why people could be suspicious. The pale bridge on the Hummingbird, does look out of place.

As for the headstock on the Dove, it looks to me as though a slight shadow coming in from the right, is causing that "Reshaped" kind of look it has.

Steve.

Archived