Gibson Brands Forums

MistaSnowman's back with a NGD!

MistaSnowman

Lately I've been GAS'ing for a semi-hollow guitar. Since I promised my wife that this be my last guitar purchase (for the moment), I had to make sure this will be a keeper! Last week, this baby was put on clearance at the GC in Country Club Hills, IL, while trading in my wife's bass for a new one. I couldn't pull the trigger because I didn't have enough money, so I had to wait a week for my quarterly bonus and hope that the guitar wasn't sold. Today, armed with my bonus, and seeing the price further reduced, I made this baby MINE..... The Epiphone Sheraton II!!!

mistasnowman-albums-my-new-guitar-pt-2-picture8530-my-new-toy.jpg

mistasnowman-albums-my-new-guitar-pt-2-picture8533-picking-few-notes.jpg

mistasnowman-albums-my-new-guitar-pt-2-picture8532-my-sheraton.jpg

mistasnowman-albums-my-new-guitar-pt-2-picture8531-me-both-my-babies.jpg

mistasnowman-albums-my-new-guitar-pt-2-picture8529-family-shot.jpg

That is a sweet looking axe fella, it's not helping my GAS for a semi hollow :D

How's she sound? I've been conditioned toward the ES335 type guitar, and am open to new ideas.

She sounds very warm, especially using the neck pickup, and resonates very well! She seems to adapt well to blues, R&B and most rock styles, but be careful with her around high gain amps in close proximity (feedback).

Thank you all for the kind words, I really appreciate them! Also, appreciate the Chicago love in some of the posts...makes me proud to be a Chicagoan!

@deeman...I have to check out your band sometime!

My wonderful wife has been very supportive in my guitar adventure. She has also put her foot down on acquiring more gear at the moment...even though I didn't have any intention in going beyond two guitars.

In all, Epiphone has made me happy twice this year (bought the LPC in March) and hopeful that my happiness will last in the times ahead!

Archived