Gibson Brands Forums

Congratulations Boston Red Sox World Champs!!

daveinspain

I add my congratulations to Boston and all the fans no matter where...and also to Shane Victorino, who hit a grand slam and 4 RBI's in the series...

Shane was traded by the Phillies because he was old...and they went down the drain ever since.

He already had a World Series ring from the Phillies win in 2008, and he is a GREAT ball player!

Also, this is The Sox's 3rd Series win in 10 years...msp_thumbup.gif

mark

From what I recollect it's also the first time since 1918 the Red Sox have won a world series at home,Iv'e been to many games at the old Fenway park. Glad they won,I was getting tired of saying,Wait till next year!even at the beginning of the season.Sorry but it's a local new England joke and I grew up in Mass. my first 30 years. Big time congrats Red Sox.

Hats off, from a Cardinals fan. The Sox experience beat out the Cards young guns.

Sox fan here since i was boy. It was a great series and the Cardinals have a great team with alot of young talent, you will be back im sure. With the events of the bombing in boston this one was pretty special.

Hats off from a Cubs fan.

One of these days we'll get one.....right?????....please?????.... [crying]

I'm a Rangers fan myself, but a good friend is a long-time, die-hard Cubs fan. Around the middle of September, I asked him (as an obvious joke) what the Cubs' magic number was. He said, "9-1-1".

Archived