Gibson Brands Forums

Which way is my pickup suppose to go in?

Riptide

So my pickup has marked "Face Bridge" and "Face Neck" on it, however the guy at the shop that wired it up has it flipped the other way... so which way is it suppose to go? Option 1 or 2?

IMG_2494.jpg

Option 1:

IMG_2495.jpg

Option 2:

cc2f9023-9c28-4fd0-9700-bce8816f863d.jpg?t=1383956912

Surely the side that says "Face Neck" should face (point toward) the neck and vice versa. And yes, the point is to get the cables closer to the cavity in which they have to run.

Not the way my LP is drilled out :P

Yup... that on top of not changing strings when he does electronic work and he also told me that changing pole height doesn't make a difference on sound...

Ridiculous... just P90s are the only pickups I have to use the pole screws to align the strings' signal levels. And of course, besides level, it WILL affect the sound, too.

Ridiculous... just P90s are the only pickups I have to use the pole screws to align the strings' signal levels. And of course, besides level, it WILL affect the sound, too.

Yeah of course :)

I saw this vid a while back and thought it was really cool!

So my pickup has marked "Face Bridge" and "Face Neck" on it, however the guy at the shop that wired it up has it flipped the other way... so which way is it suppose to go? Option 1 or 2?

IMG_2494.jpg

Option 1:

IMG_2495.jpg

Option 2:

cc2f9023-9c28-4fd0-9700-bce8816f863d.jpg?t=1383956912

i think the "made by Luther Lee" sticker side goes IN the body and the shiny side goes to the outside.....IIRC

[lol]

What switching options are you referring to?

Gibson Les Paul Standard Premium Plus 2012: frequency-tuned coil split option, separate for Burstbucker Pro neck and bridge (and other options without matter in this context)

Gibson Les Paul Standard Quilt 2011: coil split option, separate for Burstbucker 1 and 2

Gibson Alex Lifeson Les Paul Axcess: separate series/parallel switches for the 496R and 498T (and other options without matter in the given context)

Epiphone Les Paul 1960 Tribute Plus: separate series/parallel switches for the Gibson '57 Classic and '57 Classic Plus

Gibson Frank Zappa "Roxy" SGs: common coil split option for both the '57 Classics (and another option without matter in this context)

I also like the switching options of three Gibson Les Paul, one Epiphone Les Paul, and both the Gibson Frank Zappa "Roxy" SGs of mine very well.

Why the hell would you need two Roxy SGs??????

I think you should ship me one asap..

PM me for shipping details..... :lol:

i think the "made by Luther Lee" sticker side goes IN the body and the shiny side goes to the outside.....IIRC

[lol]

Wow after doing what you told me my guitar sounds soooo much better!! ;)

Gibson Les Paul Standard Premium Plus 2012: frequency-tuned coil split option, separate for Burstbucker Pro neck and bridge (and other options without matter in this context)

Gibson Les Paul Standard Quilt 2011: coil split option, separate for Burstbucker 1 and 2

Gibson Alex Lifeson Les Paul Axcess: separate series/parallel switches for the 496R and 498T (and other options without matter in the given context)

Epiphone Les Paul 1960 Tribute Plus: separate series/parallel switches for the Gibson '57 Classic and '57 Classic Plus

Gibson Frank Zappa "Roxy" SGs: common coil split option for both the '57 Classics (and another option without matter in this context)

Nice! I always thought that series/parallel was the most useful mod you can do.

Why the hell would you need two Roxy SGs??????

I think you should ship me one asap..

PM me for shipping details..... :lol:

Well, I decided that both of my children should have one either when I will have passed away. They don't play guitar up to now, and my daughter is a lefty, but perhaps they can make some money out of it.

Well, I decided that both of my children should have one either when I will have passed away. They don't play guitar up to now, and my daughter is a lefty, but perhaps they can make some money out of it.

Did I mention I am up for adoption?

Archived