Gibson Brands Forums

Reunited Sheraton

Dirty

I have just re-aquired this Sheraton, it is a '67, and it is the Real Deal. It was actually the first electric I ever played on 25 years ago. It is all original except for one coil on the neck pickup, which I just had rewound to original spec. Had a new nut installed, a re-fret (in gold) and a set-up, you can imagine how it plays. I am plugged into a '69 Princeton mostly these days, all is right with the world...

post-60500-070769300 1384389391_thumb.jpg

post-60500-061643200 1384389403_thumb.jpg

post-60500-066054000 1384389415_thumb.jpg

The guitar had belonged to my grandfather, then my father. As a teenager I earned the privilege of playing it, long before I knew the value or potential it had. Well, I moved out and bought other guitars, my number one has been an old semi-hollow Gretsch. This Epi has been sitting in it's case, in a state of neglect, for almost 20 years. I finally persuaded my brother, who is a master luthier, to get it up and running. He did a beautiful job, and I can't believe how good this guitar sounds.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, after playing and gigging this guitar for a few weeks now, it is really the most comfortable player I have ever had. I typically string my guitars kinda heavy, 12-52's. This Epi has the same scale length as my Gretsch, but with the added string length from bridge to tailpiece the string tension is lessoned considerably. 3 semi-tone bends at the fourth fret, can't quite achieve that on my other guitar.

Archived