Gibson Brands Forums

1981 les paul need other opinions please

2nevets

hello,I have been a member here for a little while and this is my first post.I am looking for opinions on the 1981 lp that is dressed out like a 25/50- I purchased it from a reliable shop that I have used before and they surmised that it could have been an employee guitar.I love it but just wondering about other possibilities -thanks much-steve

trying to add pics but failing-files are too big.IMG_3327.jpg[/urlIMG_3323-1.jpg[/urlIMG_3325.jpg

I had the same problem a lot of my pictures were way to big to post of the forum,solution - Put your photos on photobucket.It's really easy to use and so far all the pictures I have posted to the forum from there have posted to the forum easily.

I believe it's photobucket.com and we can all see your 81 LP.

thanks I got it- sorry that there so big

No, that's great. If I remember correctly I used to see those at Guitar Center in the late 70's or early 80's. It's odd that it would have been made in 1981 as I have a 30th Anniversary Les Paul and they were made in 1982. I did find a blurb about one that was for sale:

The 25/50 model was issued to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Les Paul model (a year late, since 1977 was actually the 25th year), and the 50th anniversary of Les Paul’s career in the music business. There were only 100 of these special guitars made with the last of the Old Gibson Flame Maple they had at the time, even the Maple they used was by then, New But Old Stock! These guitars were so wanted that they decided to make them like normal Les Pauls at a cheaper price, in Black and Tobacco Sunburst, which were very popular, but nothing like this precious Flame Top.

Heres a link to that article, they suggest that only 100 were made.

25/50 Les Paul

Great catch, very beautiful guitar - congrats! [thumbup]

I ever saw just one of them brand-new in a shop around 1980, finished Vintage Sunburst. It had a very stunning maple top like yours has, and I admired it also for coming stock with the TP-6 fine tuning tailpiece. I think it also was the only Gibson I ever saw which came featuring a brass nut.

By the way - nice Orange amp, for sure a nice mate for your Les Paul 25/50. [thumbup]

hello,I have been a member here for a little while and this is my first post.I am looking for opinions on the 1981 lp that is dressed out like a 25/50- I purchased it from a reliable shop that I have used before and they surmised that it could have been an employee guitar.I love it but just wondering about other possibilities -thanks much-steve

trying to add pics but failing-files are too big.IMG_3327.jpg[/urlIMG_3323-1.jpg[/urlIMG_3325.jpg

Can't beat that! [thumbup][biggrin]

CB

Archived