Gibson Brands Forums

phones and marshalls

blindboygrunt

Valve/tube poweramps MUST NEVER RUN WITHOUT THEIR RATED OUTPUT LOAD! This could kill the power valves/tubes as well as the output transformer, and also cause fire.

The only valve/tube amps that are appropriate for operation without the correct speaker or dummy load are transformerless Futterman HiFi and parallel push/pull (PPP) power amplifiers which use a transformer in parallel operation with power supplies in series. Due to their low efficiency, none of these circuit designs ever made it into guitar amps to my knowledge.

Valve/tube poweramps MUST NEVER RUN WITHOUT THEIR RATED OUTPUT LOAD! This could kill the power valves/tubes as well as the output transformer, and also cause fire.

The only valve/tube amps that are appropriate for operation without the correct speaker or dummy load are transformerless Futterman HiFi and parallel push/pull (PPP) power amplifiers which use a transformer in parallel operation with power supplies in series. Due to their low efficiency, none of these circuit designs ever made it into guitar amps to my knowledge.

True, but he's talking about input, not output. It's not about playing through a head with no cab. And he's got a transistor Marshall Acoustic combo, not a valve stack. The question is whether he can plug an iphone into the input instead of a guitar.

True, but he's talking about input, not output. It's not about playing through a head with no cab. And he's got a transistor Marshall Acoustic combo, not a valve stack. The question is whether he can plug an iphone into the input instead of a guitar.

[blush] Ahh, sorry, misconceived that. I often blow music through my Schertler JAM 150 acoustic amps - they are pretty great playing back music. Didn't know what an as50 should be, and didn't browse for it because of being in a hurry. Please apologize my flippancy. [unsure]

[blush] Ahh, sorry, misconceived that. I often blow music through my Schertler JAM 150 acoustic amps - they are pretty great playing back music. Didn't know what an as50 should be, and didn't browse for it because of being in a hurry. Please apologize my flippancy. [unsure]

Aber alles ist natürlich in Ordnung Mützenmeister! And now we know that BBG might get a very good result from his little experiment, because you've already tried something similar. I imagine the Schertlers are a bit louder, though.

I'm still wondering what would happen if I played YouTube through my old Fender Pro. With tremelo and reverb on...

Good idea, BBG.....

Next time the guy next door decides to mow his lawn at night (again), when he stops I will make the phone ring and ring and ring and ring, maybe in split stereo through my acoustic amp AND my old Mesa Boogie toob amp....and maybe make some other rude noises with it...

But if you mean you want to play music through it all, I guess my advice would be to mute the ring tone...phone system incase you are using it for a gig and the wifey rings...'Don 't forget to pick up the......'

BluesKing777.

Good idea, BBG.....

Next time the guy next door decides to mow his lawn at night (again), when he stops I will make the phone ring and ring and ring and ring, maybe in split stereo through my acoustic amp AND my old Mesa Boogie toob amp....and maybe make some other rude noises with it...

But if you mean you want to play music through it all, I guess my advice would be to mute the ring tone...phone system incase you are using it for a gig and the wifey rings...'Don 't forget to pick up the......'

BluesKing777.

I was looking for speakers or some sort of HiFi for the room I keep all my stuff in , which is also a dining /party room.

Then I looked at the amp and had a eureka moment.

Then of course came the visions of my phone blowing up :)

Archived