Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Lucille - my wife bought me one!

Skyline_UK

It's my 65th birthday today and I've just opened a gift from my wife - an Epiphone Lucille! It's very, very, nice. I'll sort out some pics as soon as I can.

Fellow Lucille owners: what should be in the case? I got just the case key and two small packets of silica gel. All my other Epiphones came with a poster and sticker and my Sheraton also came with a truss rod key. I at least expected some leaflet or other that would explain the stereo operation and fine tuners on the bridge. Let me know so I can take it up with the dealer in the UK, Guitar Village. Thanks.

John

HNGD.jpg

And More importantly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!

Should come with truss rod allen wrench, Instruction booklet, & my stuff came w/ a poster but it's been a while since my last Epi.

Congrats what a wonderful present!!! [thumbup]

Aster

Happy Birthday To You, Skyline! :)

Congrats also on your nice present. [thumbup]

There should be a truss rod wrench, some leaflets, perhaps a sticker. At least these came with my brand-new Epiphone Les Paul 1960 Tribute.

I am sure you will find out how the stereo jacks and the fine tuning tailpiece will work.

I guess there is one jack for conventional operation, and use of both the jacks will separate the signals, but I can't tell what jack will put out what pickup's signal.

All of my eight TP-6 tailpieces offered by Gibson came without a manual. It is recommendable to put a cloth under it when changing strings to prevent the levers from falling on the top what can happen when breaking a string.

Congrats again, and have fun! [thumbup]

Just found out that they come without a case stock. Perhaps the missing parts were left in the original carton at the dealer when putting the guitar into the optional case? [confused]

Probably. Dealers are notorious for doing this. What they dont seem to understand is that it is basically theft. You pay for every item that comes in the box, even though they might seem negligible to the dealers.

Skyline, for better reference, there is a thread at the top of this page that explains exactly what comes with a new guitar. I'd get on the horn tell the dealer that you want everything that is supposed to come with the guitar. Rake himover the coals a bit even if you cant get all of your stuff. These retailers need to learn to stop doing this because it happens ALL THE TIME...and the employees end up taking home the posters and stickers. The manuals, allen keys and the rest get thrown in the garbage.

Skyline,

Happy Birthday,

Now down to business,

Question:

If you had to choose, which guitar do you like better?

BB-King Lucille or the Sheraton

Just in case I'm in the market to buy one,

Either one might be a good choice.

By the way, I'm impressed with all your music and web site,

wow, fantastic!

It's my 65th birthday today and I've just opened a gift from my wife - an Epiphone Lucille! It's very, very, nice. I'll sort out some pics as soon as I can.

Fellow Lucille owners: what should be in the case? I got just the case key and two small packets of silica gel. All my other Epiphones came with a poster and sticker and my Sheraton also came with a truss rod key. I at least expected some leaflet or other that would explain the stereo operation and fine tuners on the bridge. Let me know so I can take it up with the dealer in the UK, Guitar Village. Thanks.

John

Happy birthday, nice present [thumbup] Post some pics. [thumbup] I have listed, in the "What comes with an Epiphone electric guitar" thread, what was packaged with 2 Epiphone electric guitars I have recently obtained.

Skyline,

Happy Birthday,

Now down to business,

Question:

If you had to choose, which guitar do you like better?

BB-King Lucille or the Sheraton

Just in case I'm in the market to buy one,

Either one might be a good choice.

By the way, I'm impressed with all your music and web site,

wow, fantastic!

Thanks JMM55, and it's kind of you take a listen to my stuff!

They're both great guitars. I'm not ducking the question, but my problem is I've amassed a few guitars over the years and I have periods of loving different ones for their feel and sounds. I've had times when I only play my Strats, and at the moment I'm in a prolonged humbucker Gibson/Epiphone period! I had a Gibson 335 for a couple of weeks in 1976 in the days when I hadn't been married long so having more than one guitar was not on, and I part ex'd it for something else. It took me nearly four decades to scratch the itch for a semi acoustic! I'm loving both the Sheraton and the Lucille and need to spend a lot more time with them. At the moment I have a sneaking feeling they're both keepers.

[thumbup]

Reply received today from Gibson ref. my query "What Should be in the Lucille case?" (just a case key...) query:-

Dear John,

Thank you for your interest in Gibson guitars.

The extras you received with the guitar are correct, no other extras are included.

Kind regards,

Customer Service

Hmm.....the first Epi I've ever bought (I now have five) that didn't at least have the ol' poster and sticker.

[glare]

Happy Birthday Skyline_UK !!!

I have Epiphone Lucille , but in Italy it cames out without case !

I have change stock pickup with the originale Gibson 490T and 490R and it sounds very well for me and it's very versatile not only for blues.

I have also change bridge , I don't like TP-6 fine tuning . I have mount a Gotoh standard bridge as on the early Lucille model.

Two weeks ago I have changed string , Gibson vintage reissue.010-.046 very good, with a set of Thomastick Jazz swing .011-.047 . Thomastick are fantstick string expecially for jazz, but only !

I think give to Lucille it' original sound. IMHO

BYE

Guido

Archived