Gibson Brands Forums

The pelham blue SG w/ Maestro arrived

crust

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That really sucks Crust but stick with it you will get a nice on . I really like mine I seem to be playing it a lot . Hey i tried ZZounds on this guitar . the first one came with some finish problems . A teck call me and ask me what was wrong with it and they checked out my second one out and wow what a nice guitar i received . It was a 3 day turn around on my guitar . Getting ready to buy another guitar from them .

• 2 weeks later...

will reorder....soon :)

Well, I did order another guitar today...Not an Epiphone [mellow] . I believe this will be quite nice (if it doesn't arrive broken)

2014 Les Paul Melody Maker Electric Guitar TV Yellow Satin

Musician's Friend Estimated Shipping Date: Feb 7, 2014

DV016_Jpg_Large_1382969904885_A.jpg

I liked the Epiphone LP's I previously had, This one looks like the "real deal", Made in USA [thumbup] . If I didn't like the Epiphone ones so much, I most likely would not have obtained this Gibson. Now I will have to wait about a month before it's shipped...not too bad [sleep] .

Heres a couple pic's of the Epiphone TV yellow LP's I used to have that are also "satin TV yellow" (sold to my youngest kids guitar playing friends to fund this Gibson Melody Maker).

epilpandvoxtonelabst.jpg

018_zpsb57705d4.jpg

Now I can't wait [thumbup] . Hopefully, all will go well (I did not order from Amazon/Sam Ash/FEDEX this time) :rolleyes:

So, I went with Gibson this time. Looks like the Pelham Blue Epiphone SG with Maestro trem, will have to wait until some time in the distant future. I guess it was not meant to be (right now)...lol

I like the 140th anniversary fretboard inlay...looks cool, makes the guitar a bit different than a plane Jane Melody Maker LP. The Gibson Melody Maker LP is a bit of a combination of those 2 Epiphone LP's. So, what do you think ? Should I order a scratch plate to go with it ? Mounting hardware ? If so, where to obtain ? Does it look better without a pick guard ? :unsure:

Well, I did order another guitar today...Not an Epiphone [mellow] . I believe this will be quite nice (if it doesn't arrive broken)

2014 Les Paul Melody Maker Electric Guitar TV Yellow Satin

Musician's Friend Estimated Shipping Date: Feb 7, 2014

DV016_Jpg_Large_1382969904885_A.jpg

I liked the Epiphone LP's I previously had, This one looks like the "real deal", Made in USA [thumbup] . If I didn't like the Epiphone ones so much, I most likely would not have obtained this Gibson. Now I will have to wait about a month before it's shipped...not too bad [sleep] .

Heres a couple pic's of the Epiphone TV yellow LP's I used to have that are also "satin TV yellow" (sold to my youngest kids guitar playing friends to fund this Gibson Melody Maker).

epilpandvoxtonelabst.jpg

018_zpsb57705d4.jpg

Now I can't wait [thumbup] . Hopefully, all will go well (I did not order from Amazon/Sam Ash/FEDEX this time) :rolleyes:

So, I went with Gibson this time. Looks like the Pelham Blue Epiphone SG with Maestro trem, will have to wait until some time in the distant future. I guess it was not meant to be (right now)...lol

I like the 140th anniversary fretboard inlay...looks cool, makes the guitar a bit different than a plane Jane Melody Maker LP. The Gibson Melody Maker LP is a bit of a combination of those 2 Epiphone LP's. So, what do you think ? Should I order a scratch plate to go with it ? Mounting hardware ? If so, where to obtain ? Does it look better without a pick guard ? :unsure:

Those melody makers look great and cheap for a gibson. I loved the LPJ in gold that they brought out last year too

Those melody makers look great and cheap for a gibson. I loved the LPJ in gold that they brought out last year too

Well, I cancelled the Les Paul order. The guitar isn't available for shipment until mid February. I could have waited but decided that the yellow color wasn't for me at this time (another day most likely). So I did cancel the Les Paul order, for another Epiphone Riviera [smile] P93, black. I do like the 2 (wine red and gold) I already have. I'm going to set this one up with the bridge set a bit on the high side, for open tunings. So, This should be here next Wednesday or Thursday. I ordered from MF this time (not Amazon/Sam Ash). I've never had any problem with anything from MF. Also, my oldest son, who is also somewhat of a guitar hack (like me) likes the wine red one the best of all the instruments here. He was happy to see another one for slide playing and dropped D stuff (he likes that chugga chugga cookie monster stuff...go figure) lol. So, whadda ya think ? The saga may actually be coming to a close [biggrin]

P_BkRoyRIVP931-22dd2a51eae7cd67a043c9b2980a1530.jpg

got my fingers and toes crossed [smile]

absolutely Crust !!

2 Sheratons, 2 Teles, 4 Strats, 4 SGs, 4 LPs, 2 Jazzboxes, and a partridge in a Pear tree !!!!

edit: I REALLY hope this one comes in undamaged and is all it should be !!

[thumbup]

Archived