Gibson Brands Forums

Hand Lotion?

Sitedrifter

I will answer a serious question ( I think it was anyway ) and sidestep the sidebars. [biggrin] I don't think there's anything in a non medicated hand lotion that will hurt Nitro. Agree on bad for the strings for sure. As long as you stay away from "solvents" that nitro dissolves in it really is pretty durable.

I have never tested Nitro against the pain cremes for arthritis (like Walgreen's sells) but have seen that totally eat up printers ink on magazines. After I put the cream on my injured knee & read a nice Harley mag., I looked the next day and saw fingerprints etched all over the slick print on the frt & back cover. CSI would have just "Photocopied" the covers they were so good!! Made sure from then on never any on fingers that are around guitars. It does wash off easy and then play. Have a couple of thumbs that are getting tight at the joint too now so I guess that stuff is going to get used more. Believe I read about Cutters/Off bug spray attacking Nitro too).

Aster

I wish the Gibson gods to forgive me for taking advice from Martin, but I have to say, Eucirin Original Healing cream works wonders. My hands are as good as they are in the summer and with only 2 applications and my nitro finishes are safe. With these results being so promising I look forward to many a winters without dry cracked hands!!!

When we build our house in Western New York I told them to put the best humidifier in it. I crank that sucker in the winter and my skin is great. It's not that dry here compared to other places in the country, but it was still one of the best investments I ever made. This wasn't a problem in a Texas, but then again every time I took a shower down there it felt like I could never get the soap off of me. The soft water drove me nuts.

Yeah, soft water is great for really getting some heavy lathering. But the rinsing off of that lather takes harder water or YOU NEVER GET THAT SOAPY SCUM OFF!!! [biggrin] Here's my calling, a switch, like at the car wash, on your shower. Soft water "SOAP CYCLE" to lather up & wash hair, switch to "RINSE" with hard water for a soap free finish!!

Aster

Archived