Gibson Brands Forums

New Ebony 335 Pro

poopcicle

Well I finally made up my mind and went with the 335 pro in ebony. She has some buzz up the neck but nothing to bad I think. I am taking her into my local guy and have him give her the once over. If he can make the adjustments I will slap a tonepros bridge and a bone nut on her and be happy for a bit till i can justify a vibramate and B7 on there! The stock tuners are nice in appearance but I am not sure how stable they are or will be, maybe a cause for a set of Grover vintage in the works as well! Overall she looks beautiful and the pups sound good on my bedroom rig! we shall see after a proper set up and taking her for a spin on my main rig!

20131212_130249_zps3cf7db4d.jpg

20131212_130406_zps78fe46c7.jpg

20131212_130310_zps17d1fe0e.jpg

20131212_130300_zps26a0bac6.jpg

20131212_105843_zps8fdc8322.jpg

sorry about the messy bed backdrop!!!

Messy backdrop or not, that guitar look simply wonderful. So, what do you think...review ?

Tonepro's bridge hmm...(Googles tonepro bridge)They look great. I put a Wilkinson roller bridge on my red P93, made a bit of a difference (to me), haven't broken a string since installing that, also stays in tune and sustains a bit better. I dig the nylon saddle tonepro...going to look into that for the LP Pro +, thanks..all the bridges there look really well constructed...good stuff [thumbup]

Check this out (not me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDSBQnl8txw

Are you going to leave the stickers, knob "skirts", pickup protectors and plastic film protective scratch plate covering on ?

Give the stock tuners a chance to settle in, I've encountered zero tuning problems...but I did break the high E string a few time since it's arrival (gotta get to the guitar store, no replacements in my "goodie bag") lol. Maybe I'll put Graphtech saddles on at some point.

Man I do love this guitar

GEDC0101_zps80cd26b1.jpg

0df99821-8ca3-408d-b599-e8bbf332c68e_zpsd04fca23.jpg

Are you going to do the upgrades yourself ? If so, post a few progress pics/reports. I'd be quite interested in seeing the Bigsby and bridge installation progress.

My home is also usually in a state of disarray. 28 and 31 year old sons (who still move in...then move out...then move back in....lol)

I take all my guitars to a local luthier that is an Epiphone and Gibson approved shop, not to mention the guy is really good!

So far in the few hours I have had it I really like the neck and so far the pups have been fine. That being said I sold my amp head about 3 hours after the 335 arrived so it didnt get much use through a loud and proud rig! Out of the hox there is alot of buzzzz but I think after a set up I will be very happy! There is something awesome about the feel of the resonating body while playing!

I will update with more insight after having some time with it set up!

Are you going to leave the stickers, knob "skirts", pickup protectors and plastic film protective scratch plate covering on ?

Give the stock tuners a chance to settle in, I've encountered zero tuning problems...but I did break the high E string a few time since it's arrival (gotta get to the guitar store, no replacements in my "goodie bag") lol. Maybe I'll put Graphtech saddles on at some point.

Man I do love this guitar

GEDC0101_zps80cd26b1.jpg

0df99821-8ca3-408d-b599-e8bbf332c68e_zpsd04fca23.jpg

Are you going to do the upgrades yourself ? If so, post a few progress pics/reports. I'd be quite interested in seeing the Bigsby and bridge installation progress.

My home is also usually in a state of disarray. 28 and 31 year old sons (who still move in...then move out...then move back in....lol)

That's the colour I was wanting, but no luck in the uk unfortunately :-(

• 4 weeks later...

So those are "regular run" now? I remember when they were L.E., and Guitar Center had one in Cherry and they let me take it for a spin around the block, and I wish I'd had the 600 bucks for it new out-the-door...

So those are "regular run" now? I remember when they were L.E., and Guitar Center had one in Cherry and they let me take it for a spin around the block, and I wish I'd had the 600 bucks for it new out-the-door...

not sure its reg run, I got mine from Musicians Friend but Guitar Center has them still listed as well, limited colors at both places, 449$ out the door another 80$ for the case! Both places also had a 20% off purchases of 299$ or more going as they often do online! I love mine so far, set up with a new bone nut and 11's for now and it plays and sounds beautiful, I will prob swap in a tone pro bridge or something similar down the road as well but this is a lot of guitar for the cash! I highly recommend! [thumbup]

Archived