Gibson Brands Forums

Folks we lost last year

jaxson50

Post the names of folks we lost last year, anyone.Some may have slipped by with out much notice such as Yuseef Latif who passed away a few weeks ago, one of the great jazz artist of all time.Last February we lost Shadow Morton, one of rocks greatest influences, hard to imagine rock with out his writing and production skills..Anyone you want to pay tribute to?

NFL HOFer Art Donovan.

He was a great old Baltimore Colts player. I am too young to ever have seen him play, but I met the man many times. He was really one of the coolest people, (certainly the coolest celebrity) I've ever met. He would talk to anyone and always had a funny story.

1388717526[/url]' post='1468825']

NFL HOFer Art Donovan.

He was a great old Baltimore Colts player. I am too young to ever have seen him play, but I met the man many times. He was really one of the coolest people, (certainly the coolest celebrity) I've ever met. He would talk to anyone and always had a funny story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HDRLnoAY9E

He was a legend! One of the players I grew up watching, I had forgotten he passed last year. Thanks for posting.

not a musician but a big influence on my life, last Oct. I lost my favorite Uncle "John Henry", to a long battle with cancer.

he gave a punk *** 16 yr old some "tough love" (a.k.a. a badly needed beat-down) to show me that I wasn't invincible and that if I didn't alter my course i'd likely not see 20.

He literally saved my life....

Much Love and Thank You Unc-a-J !

Gone but never forgotten.........

John Wilkinson, 67, was a guitarist. He used to play rhythm guitar for Elvis Presley.

Reg Presley – he was the singer of the 1960s British band, The Troggs. Presley died on Monday, Feb 4, 2013, from lung cancer.

Paul Tanner – He was a trombone player, in the Glen Miller Orchestra. Paul Tanner was the last known, surviving member of the orchestra. Paul Tanner died on Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2013

Rick Huxley, 72, He was a bassist for the band The Dave Clark Five. Rick Huxley was a founding member of the band which was popular in the 1960s.

Tony Sheridan– he was a guitarist and songwriter. Sheridan, 72, used the Beatles, as his backup band, before they became famous

Bobby Rogers – He was a founding member of the band, the Miracles. It was a Motown band. Rogers died at the age of 71.

Alvin Lee - He was the guitarist of the band, Ten Years After. Alvin Lee had underwent surgery, and died shortly after. His family didn’t disclose the nature of his illness.

Peter Banks– He was an original member of the British rock band, Yes. Peter Banks played the guitar for Yes. He died at the age of 65, at his home, in London, on March 7, 2013.

Clive Burr– He was an original member of the British heavy metal band, Iron Maiden. Burr played for the band, for their first 3 albums.

Jack Greene– Jack Green was a country music star. Greene was famous in Nashville, for his hit song, “There Goes My Everything”.

Phil Ramone – He was a music producer who helped many singers attain fame. Among the musicians he worked with, were Ray Charles, Paul Simmons, Billy Joel.

Andy Johns – He was a music producer, who had worked with Rolling Stone, Led Zeppelin,Free,etc..

MANDELA.

Alan Myers,Myers used to play drums for the band, Devo.

Mel Smith,comic actor.

Noel Harrison,singer, He was the son of actor Rex Harrison. Harrison’s more famous singing work included the song, Windmills of Your Mind, one of the songs in the movie, The Thomas Crown Affair.

NFL HOFer Art Donovan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HDRLnoAY9E

he was just a couple years shy of when i started watching football, but the colts were my team until Unitas was traded to the Chargers. i was so pissed at that, thats when i switched to Washington. Artie was a piece of work. the epitome of "old school".

Archived