Gibson Brands Forums

Now Here's Something Every Guitarist Needs

Californiaman

I've got Amp Acquisition Syndrom real bad.

Ever since I saw this amp, I've been wanting to add it to my collection.

I'd love this to be my rig as I'm starting a new endevor shortly.

It'd be perfect for playing out.

FenderHotRodDeluxeTweed_zps0feb727a.jpg

FENDER HOTROD DELUXE - LACQUERED TWEED STACK

A VERY LOUD 40 Watts with one 12" speaker plus 1x12 Matching Extension Cabinet. All tube power and preamp. Tube: Groove Tubes 3 X 12AX7, 2 X 6L6, Solid State Rectifier. Controls: Volume (for the clean channel), Bass, Middle, Treble, Volume (for the overdriven channel), Gain, Prescence, and Reverb. Serial Effects Loop built in - perfect for adding a volume attenuator to get great tone at low volumes, which I will include for the buyer. Comes with a two button footswitch and covers for both the amp and the cabinet.

Note: I will not split this stack up. The Lacquered Tweed was produced on a very limited basis and I had to go through a great deal to obtain the matching extension cabinet. I actually called Fender directly and at the time they had only 4 of them available for all of the US.

Gorgeous and I agree, every guitarist needs one.

Does this mean you've joined a band? If so let me know. The wife unit and I will make the trek up there some weekend and cheer you on [thumbup]

Thanks Tman.

I'm waiting for the set list now. Supposed to be able to play lead on about 40 songs.

I'm looking for a new guitar too. Not a telecaster, although I'll use it for some parts.

Maybe a start. Les Paul Jr. or Les Paul. Maybe a Reverend Warhawk HB or 390, or a Reverend Club King 290.

We'll see when I find it. I can't imagine me playing lead on my ES-175. So we'll see.

Thanks Tman.

I'm waiting for the set list now. Supposed to be able to play lead on about 40 songs.

I'm looking for a new guitar too. Not a telecaster, although I'll use it for some parts.

Maybe a start. Les Paul Jr. or Les Paul. Maybe a Reverend Warhawk HB or 390, or a Reverend Club King 290.

We'll see when I find it. I can't imagine me playing lead on my ES-175. So we'll see.

Fantastic! Embarrassed to say I'm not familiar with Reverends but you can't go wrong playing a lead solo on a good ole LP.

I play lead on my es175 all the time. But if it don't feel right, it don't feel right. I'm all about single-speaker combos but definitely not extension cabs - less sh1t to load and damage, and they're *gonna* mic your rig no matter how big or loud it is. Nice looking toy though, for sure! New band?

Archived