Gibson Brands Forums

Orders for the 2014 year..

Psychonaut69

Guest Farnsbarns

When does Gibson start usually taking orders for new models for this year? I called Gibson and they told me to call the dealer and the dealer told me to call Gibson. Any thoughts?

Try another dealer, yours is rubbish. Gibson doesn't deal direct with consumers, even for custom orders.

I just did a search for that product and have a feeling that it is sold out everywhere and I have a feeling you will have very little luck finding one of these new at a dealer. My understanding is they were a very limited run of units.

These just showed up on Gibsons website a week ago and have no stock number according to at least 6 dealers I spoke with in the Midwest.

Looks like they did sell out. I know zzounds and sweetwater had all the government series models in stock a couple weeks ago. Now zzounds only has the Flying V model in this series.

I missed getting a LP Gov't series by a few minutes so I pulled the trigger on a Flying V. I've had a few LP's in my life so hey.........something different. I should have her by Thursday next week!!!!!

I missed getting a LP Gov't series by a few minutes so I pulled the trigger on a Flying V. I've had a few LP's in my life so hey.........something different. I should have her by Thursday next week!!!!!

Good for you. I hope it works out. For the most part, Flying V's are light and resonant and are a lot of fun to play especially for upper fret access.

Yeah. I took too long too. Was waiting for them to pop up for reviews on YouTube but looks like everyone bought them.

I want to custom order a 1960 LPC 3-picup black beauty VOS with a bigsby, but I've been told that I can't custom order, then they tell me to do it through a dealer, I just want a price so I can save up. A FRIGGEN PPRICE ON HOW MUCH IT WOULD BE. Can anyone help me?

I want to custom order a 1960 LPC 3-picup black beauty VOS with a bigsby, but I've been told that I can't custom order, then they tell me to do it through a dealer, I just want a price so I can save up. A FRIGGEN PPRICE ON HOW MUCH IT WOULD BE. Can anyone help me?

Seems like a reasonable request and no one can help you?

Gibson's "Custom Shop" will make any guitar you want...IF you have the "coin"

to pay for it. So, contact your local Gibson dealer, and they should be able

to get a price for you, from Gibson. Gibson will not quote prices, directly

to the customer, as all dealings have to be done through an authorized Gibson

dealer. Special one of a kind, or odd spec'd orders will (most likely) require

a down payment, with the remainder due on delivery.

Good Luck!

CB

Gibson's "Custom Shop" will make any guitar you want...IF you have the "coin"

to pay for it. So, contact your local Gibson dealer, and they should be able

to get a price for you, from Gibson. Gibson will not quote prices, directly

to the customer, as all dealings have to be done through an authorized Gibson

dealer. Special one of a kind, or odd spec'd orders will (most likely) require

a down payment, with the remainder due on delivery.

Good Luck!

CB

See that's what I did, I think I'll have to go to a different dealer, Wildwood guitars is just a town away from me, so I'll go there. Thank You

I think the government is buying all the Government Series. This was the plan from the beginning. Confiscate the wood and then give it back. Make a deal to buy the guitars at the standard price and then sell them all on ebay for a huge profit. Snopes will soon verify my story soon. [biggrin]

I think the government is buying all the Government Series. This was the plan from the beginning. Confiscate the wood and then give it back. Make a deal to buy the guitars at the standard price and then sell them all on ebay for a huge profit. Snopes will soon verify my story soon. [biggrin]

We could have taken up a collection and bought them all ourselves. Too late. [biggrin]

Archived