Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - Pelham Blue SG Pro

Kingratt

I was in my local GC a couple of weeks ago with the intention of trying out an SG Pro before ordering one online in Alpine White, when I spotted this beauty on clearance for $259.00. I wasn't really looking for Pelham Blue, but a deal is a deal. I love the slim taper neck, frets are very good, and definitely a step up from the worn G400 I sold a couple of years ago. Epiphone really did a nice job with the PRO series guitars.

20140222_130938_zps7589004f.jpg

I was in my local GC a couple of weeks ago with the intention of trying out an SG Pro before ordering one online in Alpine White, when I spotted this beauty on clearance for $259.00. I wasn't really looking for Pelham Blue, but a deal is a deal. I love the slim taper neck, frets are very good, and definitely a step up from the worn G400 I sold a couple of years ago. Epiphone really did a nice job with the PRO series guitars.

20140222_130938_zps7589004f.jpg

msp_thumbup.gifmsp_smile.gif

Thanks guys. The sound is pretty good by my ear, and being a novice player, sounds better the more I practice. The action is a tad high and I really need to find the time to set her up properly with set of DR Pure Blues. GC also had a couple of other PRO series guitars in stock, a ES-335, ES-339, and a Honey Burst LP Standard Plustop. All were very nice and I almost came home with the SG and an LP.

Thanks guys. The sound is pretty good by my ear, and being a novice player, sounds better the more I practice. The action is a tad high and I really need to find the time to set her up properly with set of DR Pure Blues. GC also had a couple of other PRO series guitars in stock, a ES-335, ES-339, and a Honey Burst LP Standard Plustop. All were very nice and I almost came home with the SG and an LP.

Well done sir! I bought an SG400Pro in cherry and I love it! I just recently bought the ES335 Pro in Cherry and it has become my very favorite guitar!

Enjoy that beautiful guitar!

Archived