Gibson Brands Forums

NCBD

ParlourMan

I've eaten a few of these in the last week, still can't make it sound like a Gibson, Martin or that... Just simply can't get a note out it at all... I think this search for tone should come with a waistline warning... I'm giving up before I get fat in the pursuit of this illusive tone.

C02AA0E0-30FC-47CC-B4B0-156FCCE1EFAE_zpsodds6h1a.jpg

Youre clearly using the wrong strings with it PM. Those chocolatey overtones should come out naturally otherwise. Just put on some of those Tony Rice Mongrel srings and you'll be fine mate ...

Be sure to give us a sound sample.

Youre clearly using the wrong strings with it PM. Those chocolatey overtones should come out naturally otherwise. Just put on some of those Tony Rice Mongrel srings and you'll be fine mate ...

Be sure to give us a sound sample.

You might a be a mindreader my man, I was thinking maybe the Tony Rice jobs are what's been missing.... I'm currently standing outside asking the internet to hurry me a set at its earliest convenience through the medium of bird whistles. I will report back.....

Cut the wrapper lengthwise where it is naturally seamed. Place a comb inside horizontally. Place comb to your slightly opened lips and hum through the paper and comb. Should sound about like a kazoo if you're doing it right.

m

Cut the wrapper lengthwise where it is naturally seamed. Place a comb inside horizontally. Place comb to your slightly opened lips and hum through the paper and comb. Should sound about like a kazoo if you're doing it right.

m

[thumbup]

hey, it works!

All kidding aside, if you're ever doing something like an acoustic kiddie concert where you've gotta keep the kids' attention, this is perfect and the kids go him feeling like musicians.

Cheapie combs and a sheet of super-cheapie paper? They "make their own" instruments and remember the fun.

Heck, come to think about it, given the venue it's even fun for certain types of "concert" type gigs anyway. Even for old people - most of whom my age and above know about playing their comb... <grin>

m

Mods this thread needs to be moved to the Chocolatey Performances Sub Forum.

Vigorous discussion about the melting point of Toblerone happening there at the moment.

Ah, Toblerone.... guaranteed to take the smile off any kids face on christmas morning..... couldn't you have got me some decent chocolate mum?

Archived