Gibson Brands Forums

Wow...I knew "they" can track us but....wow

saturn

I believe you know this is stupid and my conspiracy theory is that you're a wind up merchant.

I wish I could remember where it was I heard one conspiracy theorist - in all seriousness - damn another conspiracy theorist with the immortal words;

"It's conspiracy theorists like you that give us real conspiracy theorists a bad name.".........

P.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

......bush sr. is all for NWO and was hanging around the same time kennedy was knocked off too.

This particular one is er, a little bit vague....'hanging around' where? The grassy knoll? Which Kennedy?

We are getting too far away from the OP.....and I am no Bush fan but George Snr. was a very good Navy pilot in WWII. Documented facts.

Me, I am actually too dumb for a smartphone. But they're very popular now.

I never imagined this thread would be so much fun. [biggrin]

Oh I did. I saw this comin.

We are getting too far away from the OP.....

Happens all the time.

Threads like this are so predictable.

You just know it's going to spiral into a duel of political polar opposites battling it out with

no possible win for either side.

The debunk side will challenge the tin foil hat side for facts, knowing full well there are none.

Which is what makes it a conspiracy theory in the first place.

It's a dance.

Why is there no compromise here?

Certainly there has to be a middle logical place.

While I don't believe every nonsense theory that comes about I sure as hell don't think

we live in a conspiracy free world or that governments don't hide things or want to influence how we think.

And if you don't think the media is controlled how do you explain the existence of conservative and liberal leaning channels telling the same story very differently.

Of course they are being controlled. Buy who? I don't know,, or care for that matter.

But you better believe they are being controlled.

Facts or not,, it's pretty obvious.

On a greater scale I like to watch the same story on FOX, then CNN,, then the CBC and then the BBC.

You wanna see a different take on the same story check out how the world views things.

But no,, most people will choose the news of their choice based on their political leaning.

You can hear several versions of the same incident with the flick of a channel.

You gotta take it all with a grain of salt.

But to just go to the extreme on either side is purely laughable.

But,, don't mind me,, carry on.

totally nonpolitical on this one:

"Bush 1" was a Navy pilot; JF Kennedy was a Navy officer on PT boats that had, in ways, more in common with Bush's airplanes than with the big steel ships of the era in WWII.

Both showed courage under difficult circumstances. Movie superhero? No. But I wonder how many younger folks today could handle what both of those men went through.

I doubt you would have heard either "badmouth" the service of the other.

I know some WWII guys, btw, who were highly decorated "heroes." One from my town was a pilot on the Doolittle raid; did return, then died in the European theater, in the UK, actually, on a training mission.

But one I still can't put my mind around for heroism is a guy who was a bottom bubble turret gunner on a B17. I cannot imagine facing flak and machine gun and cannon bullets while squeezed into a plastic bubble with nothing but tens of thousands of feet of air below you. Or worse, being unhurt, but the bubble jammed and having the pilot land the plane knowing you'd be chewed up as if in a literal meat grinder.

One acquaintance was a WWII Brit tanker. He said they were issued short-barreled revolvers. Not to fight Germans, though - but as a way to escape being pinned hurt but aware and "feeling" in a burning tank.

Courage?

I have my politics. I have political beliefs. Bush and Kennedy certainly had different political perspectives for a number of reasons. But I might guarantee neither would question the courage of the other, nor their service or belief in service.

Bush came out on the short end of that because Kennedy died before the Vietnam "thing" got to the point of a generalized anti-military sentiment in the country. I think had the two switched places in the timeline, the dead President Bush would have been far more honored and glorified than the living later President Kennedy.

That's just how a lot of attitudes might vary through varying snippets in time and political influence on perceptions of history.

EDIT: I'm like Quap - I regularly watch CNN and Fox alternatively in the morning for about an hour. It's not just different "takes" on news items, it's often which news items they cover.

m

I wish I could remember where it was I heard one conspiracy theorist - in all seriousness - damn another conspiracy theorist with the immortal words;

"It's conspiracy theorists like you that give us real conspiracy theorists a bad name.".........

P.

Jesse Ventura?

[lol]

Archived