Gibson Brands Forums

Wow...I knew "they" can track us but....wow

saturn

Me too. People would be amazed at how unable to carry out the simplest of conspiracies we actually are. I've worked for four different parts of two different departments, one of those was involved in the Defense of our fair country. They are even worse than the organization I've been in for 20 odd years now.

rct

For anybody who thinks the US govt is incapable of planning and executing covert activity:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covert_United_States_foreign_regime_change_actions

Covert plans can be additionally effective when the CIA is intertwined with private money interests such as Dulles's United Fruit Company back in the day. Anybody know who the Dulleses were?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a pretty simplistic and rather dodgy answer. I'm afraid I'm going to need some more specifics. If The CIA controls the media how did they allow the story to run continuously for almost a week straight on FOXNews?

The CIA wanted Romney in the White House.

Guest Farnsbarns

For anybody who thinks the US govt is incapable of planning and executing covert activity:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covert_United_States_foreign_regime_change_actions

Covert plans can be additionally effective when the CIA is intertwined with private money interests such as Dulles's United Fruit Company back in the day. Anybody know who the Dulleses were?

And how do you see this as relevant to the topic and your outrageous claims?

No, don't answer that. I'm being sucked back in to this ludicrous conversation again.

So they chose to put the story on a news network known to be leaning to the right and failed to put it up on any of the news agencies that might be watched by Obama voters? Doesn't really make any sense does it?

Admit it , you just made that up on the spot didn't you ? ;)

All kidding and all politics aside - it really ain't politics although various national parties in various of our nations will mess with things in hopes to keep stuff to a dull roar.

The bottom line, though, is if technology allows "us" to do something, we have an overwhelming desire to do it.

I have friends who don't wanna let their kids outa the house in the morning without their cell phones. It's as if that potential of communications is more important than their shoes. And almost, just almost, it is.

Students are testing on pads and desktops at school.

If television shows' "viewer ratings" are vital for determination of advertising revenues, consider how the web and cell phone usage is even more "targeted" to specific audiences.

It's been suggested by marketing folks that the last two U.S. Presidential elections were perhaps decided by exceptionally professional target marketing through the Internet to influence left-leaning voters to cast their ballots instead of sitting at home and complaining about right-leaning voters.

The other side is working to catch up.

That's just "marketing" and its power through audience targeting.

I'm almost more concerned about copyright implications of this stuff.

If I'm recording a series of songs - call it an "album" as in the olden days - and place copies on "the cloud," then I croak, forget to pay my Cloud Lease bills, or even forget my password, who owns that stuff? Ditto my incomplete book on personalities of Northern Plains history.

Here's why. In the US at least, if you rent/lease a building or other real estate, fail to pay the bills on it, the landlord can take possession and sell what you thought was your bed, guitar and television left on his "property."

Now, if the "intellectual property" is copyrighted and you "own" it, what becomes of those rights? Must that property have the "cloud rental" back-paid for one's "estate" to have any value whatsoever? At what price? Can the estate even claim ownership?

That's the sort of thing I see affecting us as musicians and other sorts of artists whose art is today mostly in digital form such as music, writing, photography and design of many types.

Seriously, other than working to make variations in how the law treats such stuff, there's no way to blame "politics" for what "we" and our technology has created for us.

In ways I find that of far more immediate concern than "Uncle" knowing where I am 24-7.

On the other hand, I think it behooves our political leaders to consider what kind of a world they want to see even if the opposing "party" (usually there are two major parties in Anglophone nations) were in control? I think there may be some interesting lawmaking as these folks take on a new world.

Note that there has been no equivalent of this explosion of technology except... when the phonograph, then voice radio were invented, soon followed by "talkies," movies with voice.

It's not an easy order to bring law up to the realities of technology. But it had best be done. It's not just the target marketing, it's copyrights, snooping that would otherwise be illegal... etc.

m

Guest Farnsbarns

They failed. More evidence that they are inept and not likely to succeed at big secret mobile phone advertising scams.

Information overload. Communication Breakdown next perhaps?

Humans are wonderful at collecting information. We have far,far too much to process now. All cutting edge tech though.

Very enjoyable thread.

Also just to add to all of this...

The next gen smart phones have biometric sensors built in such as facial recognition, fingerprint readers and heart monitors...

So soon they will be able to tell what mood you are in and how fit you are (or unfit :)) and have a copy of your fingerpint....

What do you think they will do with all that extra info.

How about the new Windows smart assistant... Which is AI built right into your phone.. and its already out there

Did anyone see the new film Her... A very interesting look at AI

And how do you see this as relevant to the topic and your outrageous claims?

No, don't answer that. I'm being sucked back in to this ludicrous conversation again.

I'm uncertain whether it's a matter of reading comprehension or trolling. Someone said words to the effect that the US govt is incapable of executing covert plans. Believe what you want, old boy. No hard feelings from me.

So they chose to put the story on a news network known to be leaning to the right and failed to put it up on any of the news agencies that might be watched by Obama voters? Doesn't really make any sense does it?

Admit it , you just made that up on the spot didn't you ? ;)

Things aren't as simply binary as you might like to think. It is a mighty influence but not a comprehensive dictation across every media outlet. Daddy Bush was CIA Director, and his cabal still exerts considerable influence on CIA affairs, so any current Commander in Chief doesn't completely have the reins.

Hey guys, believe whatever you like. Consider and reflect on the idea that the CIA is pretty good at deceiving the public and manipulating our opinions and ideas. The public info on Operation Paperclip (to smuggle NAZI scientists) and its ties to MK Ultra (from the German "Mind Kontrol"), Wilhelm Reich's "The Mass Psychology of Fascism," Chomsky's "Manufacturing Consent/Manufacturing Content" all speak to reality.

Also consider that from the very first days of the CIA, it has very often acted through private corporations. The United Fruit Company, for example, was one of them; it was used to enact covert regime change, rebellion, assassinations, and coups in Latin America. The slang "Banana Republic" comes from this.

Casey's comment below offers some indication as to undercurrents in our daily lives and discourse, and it bears repeating. Question what goes on around you. It's a great thing to do. The powers that be like it best if you don't question much, and we've been conditioned to a hive mind that scoffs at, scolds, and rebukes people peeking behind the curtains. Have a great day, everybody. Gotta go play my Gibsons.

tumblr_m3a0n1rhFh1r7x8yvo1_500.jpg

Writing lots more words dosnt really make your point any better.

So according to your totally unsubstantiated farce, Daddy Bush controlls the CIA, Fox News supports Bush, the Bengazi story is an embarrassment to the CIA so Fox broke the story and ran with it when no one else would touch it because they wanted Fox viewers to not vote for Obama?

The story just gets dumber with each telling. Where's my Stupomatron helmet?

Chomsky is a brilliant lower-case "communist" and a child of his era's communist "intelligentsia" with much of the baggage of both terms involved. He, of course, likely would refer to me as a fascist regardless that I'm likely as far or further from that as he.

His perspective on grammar is roughly similar in being a bit of the type to remove realities from language as he removes realities from his political views - or political ideals if you will.

Kinda reminds me of Plato in "The Republic," after which concepts Plato himself discovered the hard way, and almost at the loss of his life, that at some point idealism ceases to function with realities of human minds and emotions.

As I said, brilliant. But again reflecting his own time and place of enculturation and socialization which, IMHO at least, led him and others less intellectually gifted into some interesting pathways. I have a Marxist older cousin, for example. Brilliant woman, but still convinced of idealized communes regardless of realities.

His concepts of grammar, for example, would allow nonsense sentences to be "grammatical" which makes little sense to many others involved in the study of grammars of various languages. He also concluded grammar is uniquely human which has been proven a bit short-sighted given research on chimps, gorillas and orangutans. It may also be in question when cetacean studies are more advanced.

He, and many others similarly socialized within interesting subcultures, tend to be rather nasty in referring to those who may disagree, hence my suggestion he'd likely call me a fascist when ... if he only knew. <grin>

m

This came as a real shock to me.

I only recently upgraded my phone from an old brick to a "smart phone". Now I just got back from visiting my wife's family in VA, and while there we went into a grocery store called Kroger. I have never been in a Kroger before, and I purchased nothing while there this time. I was only in the store with my Sister-in-law as she bought some things. Today in my email is a Shopping Survey from Kroger! WTF? I'm not paranoid but I really don't like being "tracked" everywhere I go. It's bad enough being tracked with every online entry I make, but now every place I go in the real world is being watched? [cursing]

Does this bother anyone else?

[/quote

I was a US Cellular dealer for 20 years turn your city location and also turn off your blue tooth option. It might help, good luck.

Careful now fellows........Gibson has already been busted for "exotic endangered wood" but was really busted for donating to the republican party. I would hate to see them get busted again for hosting a site full of free thinking individuals.

Writing lots more words dosnt really make your point any better.

So according to your totally unsubstantiated farce, Daddy Bush controlls the CIA, Fox News supports Bush, the Bengazi story is an embarrassment to the CIA so Fox broke the story and ran with it when no one else would touch it because they wanted Fox viewers to not vote for Obama?

The story just gets dumber with each telling. Where's my Stupomatron helmet?

He also forgot to mention bush sr. is all for NWO and was hanging around the same time kennedy was knocked off too. Go figure...............

So you do not think Bush Sr. has anything to do with anything shady. Funny how his old man Prescott was secretly funding Hilter.......and you probably believe the network news are all telling the truth and would never blow a story out of proportion or keep from reporting real news. Personally I do not fault regular people for not being aware of reality.........I just find it hard to take that people are so dumbed down and blind of the facts. I would like to think a few guys who read this thread would take it into their own consideration and look into subjects such as this. Snowden did us a favor by blowing the whistle on this subject this thread started up with. The networks labeled him as a traitor to our country. It is those who are in big government who are the traitors. Believe as you wish and be led to the slaughter.

So you do not think Bush Sr. has anything to do with anything shady. Funny how his old man Prescott was secretly funding Hilter.......and you probably believe the network news are all telling the truth and would never blow a story out of proportion or keep from reporting real news. Personally I do not fault regular people for not being aware of reality.........I just find it hard to take that people are so dumbed down and blind of the facts. I would like to think a few guys who read this thread would take it into their own consideration and look into subjects such as this. Snowden did us a favor by blowing the whistle on this subject this thread started up with. The networks labeled him as a traitor to our country. It is those who are in big government who are the traitors. Believe as you wish and be led to the slaughter.

100% fact free babble. The best kind. [thumbup] So you cant explain why the CIA ran the Benghazi story on Fox News either.

open_letter_zps57c2003d.png

100% fact free babble. The best kind. [thumbup] So you cant explain why the CIA ran the Benghazi story on Fox News either.

open_letter_zps57c2003d.png

Babble my ***. I know why they ran it..........Because it was a big snafu that came down on the new administration in charge that you probably helped vote in. They were warned it was going to go down and no one took action against it. It was the secretary of states fault(clinton) and that is also why she resigned. And why not blow the cover on a story like that?...............because it makes big money and ratings for the network and also big bucks for whoever owns the network. Besides this big government has their hands in everyones business and pockets and that is why the world cannot stand us anymore. We never had a problem before with the middle east..............The US government created one though............In the name of OIL. Who cares if the Ukraine wants to go with Russia?? They want you to think it is an important issue though. Just because you have over 6000 post does not make you an expert on anything.

Babble my ***. I know why they ran it..........Because it was a big snafu that came down on the new administration in charge that you probably helped vote in. They were warned it was going to go down and no one took action against it. It was the secretary of states fault(clinton) and that is also why she resigned. And why not blow the cover on a story like that?...............because it makes big money and ratings for the network and also big bucks for whoever owns the network. Besides this big government has their hands in everyones business and pockets and that is why the world cannot stand us anymore. We never had a problem before with the middle east..............The US government created one though............In the name of OIL. Who cares if the Ukraine wants to go with Russia?? They want you to think it is an important issue though. Just because you have over 6000 post does not make you an expert on anything.

You gots me all figure out. I know why they ran it too and it didn't have anything to do with any conspiracy theories.

Rage on free thinkers. [woot]

133251362419_zps41b3cdea.jpg

Guest Farnsbarns

This is brilliant. Someone says I don't believe X=Y so your response assumes the don't believe the alphabet exists. Typical conspiracy theorist argument.

I believe you know this is stupid and my conspiracy theory is that you're a wind up merchant.

Archived